Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 25 Jun 2022
  •  
      Simply curious if any of you have the latest Thermapen: Thermapen ONE,  and if so, your comments.

I am not in the market for a new thermometer. I have both the Classic & the MK4 Thermapens.  They have served me well over the years & continue to perform well. The improvements of the MK4 over the

Classic are well merited.. Looks as if the "ONE" is another step above the MK4.

• #2 by Bentley on 25 Jun 2022
  • What sets it above the MK4?
  • #3 by Canadian John on 25 Jun 2022
  •  

Accuracy: +/- .5% from +/- .7%. Both excellent.... Back light: Brighter & more sensitive. .... Warranty: Now 5 Years from 3 ...Battery: Location changed for easier access. Same AA

battery.... Speed: 1 second, up from 2 to 3 seconds..... Cost: Up. Still an excellent price. About the same price as non discounted previous Thermapens when they were introduced.

ADDENDUM: Not a comparison, rather a comment. Thermapens are repairable .  Problems? Call & discuss or email. I have found Thermoworks to be extremely customer conscious & caring..

I may be old school. I prefer to talk to a person in the know & have the option to repair or have an item repaired. Of course, the product must be a good one.

• #4 by pmillen on 25 Jun 2022
  • A good deal if you can't spare a second or two.
  • #5 by urnmor on 25 Jun 2022
  • If was to buy another one I would temp gage I would have to buy more grills and I don't think my wife wold allow that.
  • #6 by hughver on 25 Jun 2022
  • I have one, it works great on thin products. i.e., shrimp scallops 1/2" steak etc..
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Jun 2022
  • This is not a knock on the product as I have a huge collection of Thermoworks products.  However, I think unless you are working in a restaurant kitchen or doing a lot of BBQ contests and speed makes a difference for you it is not worth spending the money for any of the Thermapen products.  They have a few other semi instant read hand held thermometers for a fraction of the cost that work great.  They are the go to items in my arsenal.  I like a thinner probe needle for chicken breasts, burgers, steaks, etc.  I even use them for chuck roasts, briskets, and chuck roasts too.  I own an MK4 and I am not even sure I have ever used it.
  • #8 by glitchy on 27 Jun 2022
  • I have a ONE and think it’s great. Yeah, i could probably spare a second or two in my life, but what’s great about it is that it’s so fast you can see if you are hitting the right spot which I sometimes find challenging on whole chickens and turkeys.
  • #9 by Jon515 on 09 Jul 2022
  • I have the original and its ok, but I told Thermoworks after my last customer service experience was so bad I would spare no opportunity to warn that their service is below bar and buyers beware.  I recently received a Fireboard Spark and can’t say enough about how much I love it. If I want to smoke something on my smaller traeger I can connect a probe and monitor it via the app, if I need instant read it has haptic feedback.  Not trying to hijack the thread, just living up to my promise to Thermoworks.
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 10 Jul 2022
  • I have the original and its ok, but I told Thermoworks after my last customer service experience was so bad I would spare no opportunity to warn that their service is below bar and buyers beware.  I recently received a Fireboard Spark and can’t say enough about how much I love it. If I want to smoke something on my smaller traeger I can connect a probe and monitor it via the app, if I need instant read it has haptic feedback.  Not trying to hijack the thread, just living up to my promise to Thermoworks.

Far cry from what I have experienced with them.
  • #11 by Bentley on 10 Jul 2022
  • Never had a reason to use their customer service.  Just fortunate I guess.
  • #12 by Canadian John on 10 Jul 2022
  •  

I believe this may apply:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
  • #13 by Jon515 on 10 Jul 2022

Far cry from what I have experienced with them.

I can post the emails if you like.
  • #14 by Jon515 on 10 Jul 2022

•   I believe this may apply:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

From what I experienced this doesn't apply at all.  I don't bash products for no reason.
  • #15 by BigDave83 on 11 Jul 2022

•   I believe this may apply:

From what I experienced this doesn't apply at all.  I don't bash products for no reason.

There are problems with everything, and CS is not always helpful. Some times you get the wrong person when you contact them. My first pellet cooker was like that, a piece of xxxx and CS couldn't help but throw some parts at it and have me do some adjustments with a hammer and block of wood, then run test after test timing temps and in the end they didn't know what was wrong with it.Sorry for your luck.

I have a old thermapen that doesn't work right a lot of the time, I need to see what I can do about it.So I may get to try their CS. I replaced it with one of the MK4 and use it most of the time so I have not looked in to the old one.
Pages:
Actions