Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by RWhyman on 04 Jul 2022
  • So for the last few years, I've been buying Smoke Ring Pellets by the ton and then selling at cost to my local friends and neighbors. I just found out that Kirtland Industries in Michigan is no longer producing pellets. Prior to Smoke Ring, I was involved with some group buys of Lumberjack pellets.

So my question for today is, does anyone have any info on where I could buy 1 ton or a pallet of mixed pellets at a reasonable price?

Thanks
  • #2 by Brushpopper on 04 Jul 2022
  • I would suggest Cookinpellets.  I've only been able to get my hands on one bag but they were the best I've used.  I like B&B and Pit Boss pellets also.
  • #3 by MP09 on 06 Jul 2022
  • great results with cookinpellets at a fair price
  • #4 by chris becker on 17 Nov 2022
  • Howdy,
    Maybe try the bulk page on cookinpellets.com Brushpopper , cheaper at larger buys and they don't go bad! Or single bags online at most big box and amazon!
  • #5 by okie smokie on 17 Nov 2022
  • I was told that pellets dry with age and thus disintegrate easier. Unless you are running a restaurant, how do you store these large orders (like 800--2000 lbs)? Do you have a humidity controlled storage? (the bags are perforated, not air tight.) I just buy 100 lbs at a time.
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 17 Nov 2022
  • Mine last me 2 to 3 years and I haven't had any issues with them.
  • #7 by okie smokie on 17 Nov 2022
  • I'm 86 y/o so I don't plan that far ahead.. I don't even buy green bananas.
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Nov 2022
  • I bought from Chris about 6-7 years ago and still have the pellets on a pallet in my garage that is not heated or cooled or humidity controlled.  Pellets look like when I opened the first bag years ago.
  • #9 by Brushpopper on 18 Nov 2022
  • I don't really have the room to store a bulk buy and the last time I looked the closest place I could get bags was in Austin.  It's two hours away and I try to avoid Austin.
Pages:
Actions