Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by smokymtnjonny on 26 Jul 2022
  • Can anyone give the approximate era of manufacture of my grill? There is no serial number paper in the hopper. It’s very heavy. The controller is the dial type 3 speed, not the Ortech switch type. It does have a igniter. Just curious.
  • #2 by Canadian John on 26 Jul 2022
  •  
     A wild _ _ _  guess would be about 2,014.   I see it has bolt-on legs indicating it was made in China.   

Traeger manufactured the grills in the company's Oregon facilities until 2010, but started outsourcing manufacturing in China. In 2013.
  • #3 by smokymtnjonny on 26 Jul 2022
  • Thanks, John! Good to know about the legs.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Jul 2022
  • My Traeger XL was from 2011 and it was already beyond the 3 speed controller.  I think your grill is probably a few years prior to that.
  • #5 by smokymtnjonny on 27 Jul 2022
  • The controller is what started me thinking, along with the sheer weight of the grill.  I know they moved away from the 3 speed as standard equipment a long time ago. Thank you for the observation!
  • #6 by Bentley on 27 Jul 2022
  • I bought my 1st one in 2002 and it had the wooden handle, it is older then 2002.  Does it have the grease tray that has the square in the middle with the removable top?  I had a Competition friend that had one that was close to looking like that, I would say circa 1995-97.
  • #7 by smokymtnjonny on 27 Jul 2022
  • Hello Bentley! Yes, my 1995 Rolltop BBQ 100 had the grease tray (with lava rocks) and a wooden handle. This grill has the two piece grease heat deflector system.
Pages:
Actions