Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from North Carolina  (Read 1368 times)

Bill-N-Carolina

• Lurker
  • BBQ, Fishing, & Fitness
Hello from North Carolina
« on: August 20, 2022, 10:37:13 AM »

Greetings, I'm Bill from North Carolina. I've been smoking and grilling for around 10 years now. I have a variety of cookers, including Weber Kettles, WSMs, drums, and now a couple of RecTeqs. My current equipment for pellet cookers is a RecTeq RT-590 Stampede and a RecTeq RT-B380 Bullseye. I have only had them for less than a year, so I am still pretty new to pellets. I am quickly falling in love with the convenience and versatile nature of these grills though. Thanks for the add and I look forward to learning with the group.
-Bill
🔥🔥 Smoke On 🔥🔥

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: Hello from North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 11:01:29 AM »

Welcome Bill!   It appears you are well set-up equipment wise...  Enjoy Pellet Fan my friend.

urnmor

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 04:01:16 PM »

Bill welcome aboard

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 04:36:33 PM »

Howdy Bill, welcome to the group.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 12:05:19 PM »

Welcome to PF, Bill.  You say that you’re looking forward to learning.  You obviously aren’t a rookie based on your experience and equipment set.  I’m impatient to learn from you.

Post your favorite recipes and include photographs (we love photographs).
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bill-N-Carolina

• Lurker
  • BBQ, Fishing, & Fitness
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 09:44:01 AM »

🔥🔥Thanks for the welcome guys. It is nice to be on a forum just for pellet cookers. Most of the other sites I contribute to typically don't appreciate them as another tool in the kit bag. The Recteq forum does a decent job, but obviously, they are brand biased.

Welcome to PF, Bill.  You say that you’re looking forward to learning.  You obviously aren’t a rookie based on your experience and equipment set.  I’m impatient to learn from you.

Post your favorite recipes and include photographs (we love photographs).

I guess I wouldn't consider myself a rookie, but I am typically a hot and fast guy with my other cookers. Even with my offset, I cook at a higher temp. I've had to really slow things down with my RecTeqs in order to develop the flavor I'm looking for. I am currently testing different pellets to balance cost versus performance. I've already found a few that produce better flavor than others. I will definitely be posting cooks, recipes, and results of tests. 🔥🔥
-Bill
🔥🔥 Smoke On 🔥🔥

Fire708

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Shelton!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 10:09:50 PM »

Welcome Bill. Hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up