Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by MikeMcQ on 28 Apr 2023
  • I haven't bought pellets since July 2015 when I got a full pallet (40lb x 50) of Perfect Mix (1400lb) and Hickory (600lb). Starting to get low and perusing their website saw the Longhorn Blend.

"Tested and blended to offer a great Mesquite flavor without the BITE Just Mesquite, Cherry, Hard Maple!"
    "This Mesquite blend works on shorter cooks/smokes and long smokes without the over power flavor of Mesquite.
    Finishes with a slight sweet, medium to heavy smoke with that Mesquite finish."

Call me intrigued! Gotta get me some for both smoking reverse sear steaks and of course brisket. I've sometimes been using some Mesquite "blend" I still have hanging around (Bear I think) instead of Hickory reverse sear steaks but no way for a long low and slow brisket.

Anyone tried them yet?
  • #2 by Osborn Cox on 29 Apr 2023
  • I would be tempted to try these as well, straight up mesquite is a no go for me, but just a hint could work.  I’ll have to look for them.
  • #3 by Bentley on 29 Apr 2023
  • First I have heard of them, thanks for the FYI!
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Apr 2023
  • While I have not bought pellets from him in many years, I am quite confident that Chris will do it right with any pellet he sells.  Looking forward to assessments of this blend.
  • #5 by Brushpopper on 30 Apr 2023
  • I've made my own "blend" of those three before when I  didn't have enough mesquite or hickory to do a whole brisket and didn't want to go to town.  I like to add cherry because it seems to make a better smoke ring on a brisket.  I used B&B pellets but I'm sure Cookinpellets is better quality.
Pages:
Actions