Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plumbing lesson of the year.  (Read 889 times)

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
Re: Plumbing lesson of the year.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2023, 05:58:18 PM »

This is going to be long winded.
You might not believe this but on my next breath of air, this is true.
A prominent attorney and State Senator for Kansas was a VERY good customer of ours when we were contracting. His primary discipline was real estate acquisition, protection, contracts etc. Anyway he called me 1 day and said…..Baker go to 609 Plum (not sure of the address and it doesn’t matter) the sewer is backing up in the basement, I said Ed that house is vacant isn’t it and he said it was but I facilitated an estate sale and the new owners called me. So off I went to get it going for them. I had a great relationship with Wamego high school Vo tech at the time and I spoke many times as well as hired many kids to introduce them to trades, hard work but honest work, recession proof and the demand will always be there. So anyway the basement was semi flooded and so I set my ladded up and climbed on the roof (squirrels are notorious for “hanging out at the main stack” ) in the winter for warmth, that is the 3or4” pvc pipe penetrating your roof. Anyway they become overtaken with the methane gas and very often topple in. So I told the vo tech kid that we need to pull the basement cleanout so I can get the auger in there. So right when the stack turned underneath the basement floor I found what I knew I would, a tail. So I grabbed it and it disintegrated instantly and had spines. It was the remnants of an iguana, probably 3’ or better but I dont remember. The kid flipped out, I flipped out and said lets seal up the clean out cap, run hot water to finish this and go on to our next call. Backed up again………there were 2 of them. Absolutely true and I wouldn’t believe it either but again true. Told you this was gonna be long. Never saw the vo tech kid again.

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Re: Plumbing lesson of the year.
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2023, 07:43:49 PM »

Wow, bet the smell stayed with you for a while.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up