Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by GatorDave on 22 Jun 2023
  • Has anyone tried the wood chips that Lone Star Grillz sells to mix with your pellets?  They are advertised to be able to mix up to 50/50 with pellets and are supposed to get you a decent bit closer to stick smoker flavor.  They are sold out right now, but I'm thinking of giving them a try.
  • #2 by 02ebz06 on 22 Jun 2023
  • I have the LSG pellet grill on order and have seen the video about that.
    The video was for a LSG grill.
    Doubtful they will work in any other pellet grill as their auger has a hollow center, and only 8 in. long.
    I'm not even going to try it as clearing auger jams is not fun.

It's up to you though.
    Let us know how it works if you do.
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 22 Jun 2023
  • I have not tried but I use chips and pellets in the smoke tube.

I am thinking depending on the size of the chips they would go through the auger. Maybe something I need to try. I wonder if a few pulses in an old food processor would help make them smaller and easier to auger in, just speaking on the different chips I have here currently. when I bought a new food processor I gave my old one to one of the local GoodWill type stores. Maybe I need to go look for a used one to try it out, the little GMG would make a good test cooker probably.
  • #4 by 02ebz06 on 22 Jun 2023
  • My worry would be a "fat" chip getting caught between the tube and auger and jamming it.
    Maybe like you say Dave, grinding them, but them you reduce length of burn time.

• #5 by yorkdude on 22 Jun 2023
  • I would have to pass.
    A few pellet jams but honestly due, best I can tell to swelling from moisture.
    As far as I know they are shaded pole motors and by that really no torque, others can educate me if I missed the mark.
Pages:
Actions