Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Go To Sandwiches  (Read 647 times)

jdmessner

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Evart, MI
Go To Sandwiches
« on: March 02, 2024, 06:26:16 PM »

I have not had meatloaf in quite a while, but my wife made it the other night and it was quite good. Today for lunch I made your basic cold meatloaf sandwich on toast with catchup, it really hit the spot.

It got me to thinking about other simple sandwiches made from leftovers or things straight from the fridge or cupboard. No cooking or frying, unless it is a leftover. No real prep work required, other than slicing or spreading something. What are your top three, go to simple sandwiches?

Since PBJ is automatically a given at the top of most lists, I am not including it in my list.

For me, number one is a garden-fresh tomato sandwich with butter and mayo on white bread. NO lettuce, NO bacon, NO cheese. Please don’t judge me on the bread. Wonder Bread was a way of life as a kid, after all it helped to build strong bodies 12 ways!

Number two is the meatloaf sandwich described above.

Number three is a baloney salad sandwich with or without tomato.

I am leaving off, but giving honorable mention to the honey and sugar sandwiches my dad would occasionally make for us kids, when mom was out of the house.

God grant that I may never live to be useless! ― John Wesley

BigDave83

• South West PA
Re: Go To Sandwiches
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 07:33:15 PM »

a few of mine.

Cold hamburgers with cheese, pickle and ketchup on a buttered bun. One of the veryy few things I put ketchup on.
Hard salami, cheese and french's yellow. Also swap the salami for good regular lebanon bologna mot the sweet stuff.
Hard to beat s peanut butter and pickle sammie.
Spaghetti between 2 slices of bread with garlic butter on them, I will at times toast these in a pan.

GREG-B

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Washougal WA
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 08:19:22 PM »

I would have to put home canned tuna with mayo and dill pickles on soft white at the top.  Toasted cheese (min. 3 kinds of cheese) on sourdough 2nd place.  Bringing up the rear but not forgotten, BLT w/more bacon than is healthy.
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 08:57:05 PM »

Peanut Butter and Miracle Whip!  Egg salad would be up there, fried spam and American Cheese!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024, 08:14:36 AM »

Talk about not judging me, I am sure this will get some head shakes -- cold, left-over spaghetti with meat sauce between two slices of white bread with butter on it.  Yes, carb heaven, but sooooo good!

urnmor

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2024, 08:49:55 AM »

Talk about not judging me, I am sure this will get some head shakes -- cold, left-over spaghetti with meat sauce between two slices of white bread with butter on it.  Yes, carb heaven, but sooooo good!

IMO not significantly different than eating cold pizza
 :cool:

Big Bear

• Using less gas.
  • "BBQ, the reason Pig was created!"
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2024, 04:10:15 PM »

Close on one; PB, Lettuce and Mayo for me! The next two are spot on!

Peanut Butter and Miracle Whip!  Egg salad would be up there, fried spam and American Cheese!
Made in USA {2004}Lil Tex #7130 w\ Savannah Stoker v1 controller & retrofitted with SS drip pan, fire pot, HD flame shield & Modified with the Original Downdraft Scoop - 20 years old and Still Smoking!

SmokinHandyman

• Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2024, 12:33:05 AM »

:clap:
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2024, 12:22:08 PM »

I like to stand cold leftover steak on edge, slice it somewhat thin and put it between two slices of rye bread with strong whole-grain mustard and raw onion.  It's best with a Coke.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

elenis

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2024, 10:36:20 AM »

I am with Bentley on the fried spam and cheese. I actually bought a can of the Lite SPAM this week that I am making into sandwiches for lunch. I am a white bread that sticks to the roof of your mouth kind of person as well. I used to love getting big old beef steak tomatoes and doing a slice with a little salt and mayo on white bread during that season of the year. Tuna salad and bologna and ham spread are all fun as well. If I had Bentley's charcuterie skills I would be enjoying salt overload of hard salami and pepperoni with provolone sandwiches.
Mak 2 Star General #1799

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2024, 05:01:16 PM »

Fried bologna and cheese, 3 slices of bologna and 4 slices of cheese with mustard on white bread.DONT forget to fork cut into the bologna so it doesn’t “dome”!
Next BLT on softly toasted white bread with american cheese and only may on the bly.

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2024, 11:59:00 PM »

BLT's are great. I cook bacon and stick it in a bag in the freezer. I can then use it a piece at a time. I use Dave's Killer Bread and low-fat mayonnaise. After converting to low-fat, I find regular mayonnaise too rich.

My other go to is tuna on Dave's Killer Bread. I use a full 3 1/4 oz can with about a heaping tablespoon of low-fat mayonnaise and a hefty mount of sweet pickle relish.

It turns out very chucky rather than the pasty tuna you normally see. It feels like you are actually eating fish.

ICIdaho

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2024, 10:55:56 AM »

You are the second person I have ever heard do that.  An old buddy of mine swore by those sandwiches.

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2024, 05:47:21 PM »

I have a triple decker peanut butter and Smuckers grape jelly sandwich as least once a week.  I wish I had a quick and good recipe for a philly cheesesteak sandwich.  This is what I normally order when out.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle
Pages: [1]   Go Up