Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 22 Mar 2024
  • I just got a call from Keith Diekmann, formerly of Memphis Grills.  Keith is now in charge of the Solid Fuels Division of Weber.  They are launching a new pellet unit, the Searwood™ 600 Pellet Grill  He has asked PelletFan if we would like to do a Performance Test and we said we would love to!

It will be in a few weeks.  We both need to get a few things in order before we can get started.  Just wanted PelletFans to be the 1st to know.  I am looking forward to it very much.  Keith feels this unit has moved beyond the the Smoke unit in many ways.

Video of the Searwood.

More to come in April!

• #2 by pmillen on 22 Mar 2024

• I'm soooo looking forward to your Performance Test.  I've bought many items based on your straightforward, non biased, real world reviews.  The video shows a pit/grill that will do everything I want in one unit.  I hope that you prove it to be achievable.
  • #3 by WiPelletHead on 22 Mar 2024
  • Look forward to your review. I'm a big fan of Weber grills. And I have a lot of faith in any review that you do.
  • #4 by yorkdude on 22 Mar 2024
  • Speaks volumes if you ask me.
    Looking very forward to it, we are in the market for something that is multi faceted.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Mar 2024
  • It would be interesting if you went back to look at the concerns and issues some members here had with the original Weber pellet grills to see if those things have been corrected.
  • #6 by Bentley on 23 Mar 2024
  • Great idea!  Hopefully it will be covered in PT!

It would be interesting if you went back to look at the concerns and issues some members here had with the original Weber pellet grills to see if those things have been corrected.
  • #7 by Canadian John on 23 Mar 2024

•  Waiting, waiting & waiting.

Back to the good old days: testing & good times!
  • #8 by elenis on 25 Mar 2024
  • Very interesting. Looking forward to your review of the unit.
  • #9 by stickjiggler on 25 Mar 2024
  • Any word on pricing?
  • #10 by WiPelletHead on 25 Mar 2024
  • Suggested pricing is on the Weber site.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/wood-pellet/
  • #11 by BigDave83 on 25 Mar 2024
  • wonder  if this will replace the smokefires or if this is just a lower price point unit?
  • #12 by Chokma on 26 Mar 2024
  • This thing looks promising--I am anxious to read your review.
  • #13 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Mar 2024
  • wonder  if this will replace the smokefires or if this is just a lower price point unit?

Per that web link, it looks like a lower price point unit with smokefire still being available in multiple models
  • #14 by Jimsbarbecue on 05 Apr 2024
  • Looking forward to this
  • #15 by ICIdaho on 08 Apr 2024
  • I look forward to this.  My 10 year old GMG just died.  After a couple times of taking it apart and trying to get everything well lubed, I have come to the conclusion that sooner or later fans and auger motors just wear out.  I will follow this performance test, maybe a Weber is in my future if it goes well!
Pages:
Actions