Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55   Go Down

Author Topic: PelletFan Picture thread  (Read 96726 times)

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
Re: PelletFan Picture thread
« Reply #750 on: May 16, 2022, 01:34:24 PM »

$4.79 here little over half tank was about $70 this morning.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #751 on: May 20, 2022, 03:41:49 PM »

Had a friend for lunch today.  Made a California Cobb Salad.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #752 on: May 20, 2022, 04:23:39 PM »

WOW!  Great looking meal!!!
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #753 on: May 20, 2022, 05:56:12 PM »

Forgot to mention, the lettuce is under the top ingredients.  Takes up about 2/3's of the bowl.  You put the dressing on and either mix in the bowl and eat or you can pour onto plate.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #754 on: May 20, 2022, 06:06:58 PM »

That has wonderful appeal.

I'm accustomed to seeing the salad fork positioned first in line to the plate left.  In the photograph it's above the salad.  Is that a Kristen new-trend or is it commonplace?
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #755 on: May 20, 2022, 07:51:54 PM »

That has wonderful appeal.

I'm accustomed to seeing the salad fork positioned first in line to the plate left.  In the photograph it's above the salad.  Is that a Kristen new-trend or is it commonplace?

When a salad is eaten as an entrée, then a dinner folk is used for the salad and placed accordingly..  If dessert is also to be served a dessert fork and/or dessert spoon is placed above the plate to signal is is for that course. The small fork above the plate was for dessert.  We had friends for dinner a few weekends back and when Bent offered him more meat he said no, that he had seen the fork above his dinner plate and hope it signal dessert would be served.  It was!!!

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #756 on: May 21, 2022, 10:14:35 AM »

When a salad is eaten as an entrée, then a dinner folk is used for the salad and placed accordingly..  If dessert is also to be served a dessert fork and/or dessert spoon is placed above the plate to signal is is for that course. The small fork above the plate was for dessert.  We had friends for dinner a few weekends back and when Bent offered him more meat he said no, that he had seen the fork above his dinner plate and hope it signal dessert would be served.  It was!!!

That's way above my pay grade. 
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #757 on: May 22, 2022, 07:01:12 AM »

That looks outstanding.

Zombini

• Using less gas.
« Reply #758 on: May 22, 2022, 08:27:43 AM »

That does look good
Zombini

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #759 on: May 24, 2022, 09:45:57 PM »

I'm just a Philistine. 
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
« Reply #760 on: May 24, 2022, 11:48:55 PM »

Dinner etiquette can get a bit ridiculous when you are left handed.

I was at a nice restaurant many years ago (the same place where I got my original gazpacho recipe).

I moved my water glass to my left side because I drink with my left hand.

Each time I moved my water glass, the waiter moved it back until I specifically requested that he allow me to keep it on my left side.

It was an amusing dance which went on for several cycles before the waiter reluctantly agreed to leave my glass alone.

I was young and he probably though he was teaching me a lesson in etiquette.

I also eat with my fork in my left hand. I have also had folks try to tell me which hand to hold my fork with.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 11:53:53 PM by Hank D Thoreau »

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #761 on: May 25, 2022, 07:41:01 AM »

I'm just a Philistine.

LOL!  No, I was just raised in a household that did a lot of formal entertaining and I was taught out of Emily Post from a very young age.  Also, a somewhat sexist upbringing (surprising since my Mom was something of a feminist) in that the boys did not need to learn these things, but my sister and I did because we would be the hostess someday! So, I know no more than 5 wine glasses are allowed at a place setting at one time and what wine goes in each glass and what all the odd little shaped cutlery are for and where they should be placed!  I am just a fount of etiquette knowledge, a dinosaur anymore.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #762 on: May 25, 2022, 10:05:12 AM »

Chinese have it easy. Chopsticks or fingers.

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #763 on: May 25, 2022, 01:15:03 PM »

That has a Kristin look to it.. Nice to see a properly set table.

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #764 on: May 25, 2022, 01:30:23 PM »

Thanks for info., Good to know, you learn something new every day.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55   Go Up