Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Trooper on 27 Aug 2017
  • After a very busy week, I'm able to get caught up on some of my computer stuff.

Perhaps you recognize my handle. I do many of yours, as well.

I have always been a fan of good BBQ, but didn't attempt any of my own until around 2007 or so.
    I was really taking a interest in making my own rubs and sauces and made a purchase of an electric Cookshack Smokette.
    And I really got some very decent results from this unit.

Then in the later part of 2009 I decided to go to Ponca City OK, and attend a seminar put on by Fast Eddy Mauren and David Bouska. That weekend also included KCBS Judges class as well. In the cooking class, we cooked our own ribs  on a gallery of Cookshack/Fast Eddy pellet cookers. Also at the seminar, Fast Eddy had set up for display, one of his newly developed Pelletgrills So I came away from that weekend being eligible to judge  KCBS competitions and also would up with a tremendous interest cooking with pellets. The rest is history.

I was soon purchasing a MAK II Star (2010) and doing all kinds of cookin/smokin with it. And judging a half a dozen KCBS comps as well. Soon down the road, I was making friends with other owners of pelletgrills and having a ball.
    Then another pit purchase - a Memphis Advantage.
    Man-o-man, am I now looking good or what!

So I am looking forward to our time together. Bring it on.
  • #2 by Quadman750 on 27 Aug 2017
  • Welcome Trooper
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Aug 2017
  • welcome home
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 27 Aug 2017
  • Thank you for the support my friend.
  • #5 by riverrat49 on 27 Aug 2017
  • Welcome Trooper
  • #6 by SmokinHandyman on 27 Aug 2017
  • Glad you made it here.
  • #7 by pmillen on 27 Aug 2017
  • Welcome, Trooper.  I'm glad you're here.

I enjoy your cogent posts, even when we are on opposite sides of an argument.
  • #8 by Bentley on 27 Aug 2017
  • So am I! Who owes the next round of White Castle? 

So I am looking forward to our time together. Bring it on.
Pages:
Actions