Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pmillen on 30 Aug 2017
  • They change flavors when they smoke,

• #2 by riverrat49 on 30 Aug 2017
  • Thanks for posting this, it's a pretty handy chart, my Fav is grape seed oil, it is a very light tasting oil and has a pretty high smoke point.
  • #3 by pmillen on 30 Aug 2017
  • Thanks for posting this, it's a pretty handy chart, my Fav is grape seed oil, it is a very light tasting oil and has a pretty high smoke point.

Yeah.  Really high and neutral flavor.

This is a little large.  I can reduce it but it may lose some readability.  I think I'll convert it to an Excel SS and maybe lose the Celsius column (sorry QuadMan750).

I need to find a way to convert it without retyping it.
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 30 Aug 2017
  • I have just started using avocado oil.  Does not have any real flavor and I like the high heat point.
  • #5 by LowSlowJoe on 30 Aug 2017
  • Funny thing about palm oil...

My 13 year old daughter, who usually isn't too picky about food, but has a great sense of taste... I use her as my taste tester, because she really does have very good sense of taste.

So, I buy these off brand potato chips, because they are cheaper... She tells me she doesn't like them...  I think to myself... They don't taste any different to me, and they are cheaper, so unless others go on sale, your getting these....   Well months go buy, where occasionally she would get the name brand chips, but always would complain about the one brand that was always cheap...     So, one day I start to look at the ingredients... the only thing different , is that the brand she doesn't like , uses palm oil.      I personally can't taste the difference, but she apparently can, and doesn't like it.

I told this to a co-worker, and she told me there are apparently some people that just don't like the palm oil... she went into other negative things about palm oil, that I don't remember now.

But anyway... My daughter hates potato chips made with palm oil, that I can tell you for sure.
  • #6 by pmillen on 30 Aug 2017
  • As soon as we start making more napalm the price of palm oil will go up and that chip maker will change to something she likes.
  • #7 by Queball on 30 Aug 2017
  • Just clicked on it and saved it in pictures as a jpeg. It then can be printed out easily. Very interesting temp comparisons.
    • Queball
  • #8 by pmillen on 30 Aug 2017
  • I have it as an Excel File.  PM me if you want a copy.
  • #9 by Bentley on 30 Aug 2017
  • I thought Palm oil was one of the most expensive, I must be wrong and I thought EVOO smoke point was 400° I must be wrong again! Used to love the taste of a cereal made with it...It was a brown cereal, looked like an O...cant remember the name of it for the life of me.
Pages:
Actions