Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: best small pellet smoker  (Read 1689 times)

sleebus.jones

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • I like meat
Re: best small pellet smoker
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 07:41:44 AM »

I have a DC and love it.  Does great with butts as well as steaks.  I'm more likely to fire it up for steaks than my charcoal grill.  Get one, you won't be disappointed.
-=<Cookshack PG1000 | GMG Davy Crockett WiFi | GMG Jim Bowie WiFi | Cinderblock rev flow pit | Weber S-670>=-

LowSlowJoe

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 11:45:36 AM »

I'm just glad I dind't see the $267 price at Sam's, or I'd have been once again tempted to buy a second Davy Crockett..

I wonder how many they sell when they do that at that price... as near as I know, they actually sell those about 5  or 6 times a year at similar pricing.

I don't know that Davy Crockett will do that great at searing a steak... but I do know it does great at burgers, bratts , chicken, ribs, and just about anything else that will fit inside it...

I absolutely love my Davy Crockett.... I'm seriously tempted to buy a second one each time I see them on sale... I'd use a second one to try and do 'smoke' flavor testing, cooking same food side by side on identical little grills...

Meanwhile... if a steak is thick enough, there's really no reason to sear... here's a big thick Tomahawk steak I cooked on my Davy Crockett
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

SmokinHandyman

• Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 02:51:17 PM »

Is that grate sitting on your foiled potatoes?
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

jstrand

• Using less gas.
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2018, 06:50:27 PM »

Link in GMG thread shows them available again.  ;)

silverbullet

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 10:23:47 PM »

+3 on the Davy Crockett! One mean LiL cooker! Will do everything from smoking a couple Pork Butts to grillin some fantastic steaks. Come April I'll of had mine for 4 trouble free years!

How is it for grilling steaks or burgers with the sliding deflector plate?  Does it work well?  Are you able to get some char on there??? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It works OK, But mine is one of the old style with the real small holes that clog easily. I have no experience with the new stainless driptrays with the larger holes.
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2018, 07:37:42 AM »

Is that grate sitting on your foiled potatoes?
No, those are just rolled up balls of tin foil... I was trying to get the steak up and away from the direct heat of the drip tray...  I was really just trying to cook that 2.5" thick steak like a roast, and didn't really want it getting too much direct heat.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up