Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAK sear grates  (Read 6819 times)

elenis

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: MAK sear grates
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2018, 02:38:54 PM »

I no longer have access to Performance Tests or Photos...I do distinctly remember the 2011 Performance Test of the 2 Star and I know in the high heat test it was over 500°...Not sure how much, but it was a few over!

Your testing is what helped sell me on Mak back when I saw it on the other site.
Mak 2 Star General #1799

zephyr

• Using less gas.
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2019, 12:27:34 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]      

Made my own Stainless Grate.     .............................ZEP
><> Titus 3:2-7 <><           [M2SG]  [UDS] [36X19 Phantom Downdraft]   [Karubecue C-60 Downdraft]

MikeMcQ

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2021, 04:54:36 AM »

At night...when all those other brands of pellet grills are sleeping...they're dreaming of becoming a MAK!
I 'almost' agree. But since having both a MAK 2* and Memphis Pro find both have their strengths. This weekend did a brisket using both for the cook! :rotf:

First 8 hours on the MAK smoke mode ~170f 100% Hickory. The MAK smokes lower than the Memphis. Then into aluminum pan and foiled and onto the Memphis 240f. Memphis holds heat better double walled using less pellets (not that I'm concerned about pellet consumption was my justification though). FWIW I keep Perfect Pellets in the Memphis since foiled no need to switch to Hickory. I did also sauce finish the burnt ends in the Memphis since MAK had cooled down hours ago.

Gotta keep them both happy! :clap:
Pellet Head since mid 90s with US Traegers (Dlx then Lil' Tex both gone) | Memphis Pro 304 Cart (2019) | MAK 2 Star wifi, front shelf and cabinet doors | GMG DB w/Smoke Daddy modded for fan only cold smoking or normal op | TEC Infrared gas for high temp searing | Tappecue
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up