Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by silverbullet on 26 Mar 2018
  • Just got mine from Costco together last night, any particular areas to install alum foil or an idea for a disposable drip pan?

I go to the Dollar Tree & get disposable pans. Make sure their no taller than 2 inches!
  • #17 by okie smokie on 27 Mar 2018
  • Doe anyone know if the drip pan assembly is SS? :help:
  • #18 by silverbullet on 27 Mar 2018
  • Doe anyone know if the drip pan assembly is SS? :help:

I'm 90% sure it isn't.....
  • #19 by nigilcv on 10 Apr 2018
  • I got mine a few weeks ago, with the weather, rain and new patio build I have yet to actually cook on it. My store had six on a Sunday morning, convinced the wife that afternoon, picked up the last boxed on that same Sunday evening.

Anyone have to the contact information for the dealer who fabs the hopper extension???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #20 by RichW on 23 Apr 2018
  • I'm surprised that the other pellet grill they were selling last year hasn't made it back into Costco... ( the other I think was called the Champion )  /quote]
    The Champion is back at St. Louis MO Costco's for #799,  A lot of features but the hopper looked small, for the size of the unit.  I will try to get specs this week.
  • #21 by okie smokie on 23 Apr 2018
  • I'm surprised that the other pellet grill they were selling last year hasn't made it back into Costco... ( the other I think was called the Champion )  /quote]
    The Champion is back at St. Louis MO Costco's for #799,  A lot of features but the hopper looked small, for the size of the unit.  I will try to get specs this week.
    My Costco has both the elite 800 ($699) and the Champion with the cold smoker. (only $799).  Best deals IMO.  Both very well built. 
  • #22 by mrk on 10 May 2018
  • Anyone have to the contact information for the dealer who fabs the hopper extension???

I was wondering the same.  My local Costco has dropped the price on these to 499 and I am seriously considering buying but the one things holding me back is that hopper size.
  • #23 by Bentley on 12 May 2018
  • Yep it did...You could have sent him a PM with all the info and no rules would have been broken and everyone would be happy!

I put the info on here but it got removed. Google Louisiana Hopper Extension made in Aberdeen South Dakota.
  • #24 by silverbullet on 13 May 2018
  • Anyone have to the contact information for the dealer who fabs the hopper extension?

I have the information, PM me.
  • #25 by nigilcv on 13 May 2018
  • Anyone have to the contact information for the dealer who fabs the hopper extension?

I have the information, PM me.
    I used a snap shot when you initially posted, and PM’d the other person who inquired. I’m still waiting for mine as it was a smaller custom size. I’ll post pics once I get it.

• #26 by lyork on 14 May 2018
  • Picked mine up for $499 today at Costco. Would of had the display for $400...but it wouldn’t fit in the Jeep!!
  • #27 by nigilcv on 14 May 2018
  • Picked mine up for $499 today at Costco. Would of had the display for $400...but it wouldn’t fit in the Jeep!!
    Nice! They are still $799 here, and the champion is $999...

• #28 by Yellow-03 on 31 May 2018
  • Hi Everyone,

Back to the forum again after a long hiatus... not from smoking though.  I'm posting my first post here after coming back because I jumped on the $499 LG800E at Costco.  When it first arrived at our local store it was $699, but when they dropped it to $499 I decided to give it a try.

This is with intentions of retiring my 2008 Traeger Lil Tex.  Don't get me wrong this has been a very reliable unit for me.  That said, since I also have had an FEC100 since mid 2009, its main use since then has been as a grill rather than a smoker.  In that role, it functions, but cooking a steak or burgers simply takes longer than I often care to wait.  It seems to top out around 320 when it has not been cleaned recently, and a bit hotter for a short while when just cleaned... or if you let it sit for 45min to an hour it will get up to 400+, but I rarely cared to wait that long.

Enter the LG800.  Turn it on and the controller reads 375 by default.  It will reach that temp, and begin to overshoot within 10 minutes at current OH outdoor temps.  And it is crazy hot over the open flame area at that temp.  Doesn't seem to have any difficulty with a quick cook of burgers.  It does look like at the current controller settings it is not capable of a 180 temp as it wants to hover around 200 or so when set to 180.  Likewise it overshoots the high temp and takes a while to settle back down to the set temp... but in practice I'm finding I rarely care because I'm already cooking by that point, and 375 vs 400 is mostly a don't care when I'm grilling.  I may check into the various threads around the net about reprogramming to gain more accurate temps, but I think this unit is a keeper, especially for the intended use as mainly a grill.
  • #29 by okie smokie on 31 May 2018
  • Hi Everyone,

Back to the forum again after a long hiatus... not from smoking though.  I'm posting my first post here after coming back because I jumped on the $499 LG800E at Costco.  When it first arrived at our local store it was $699, but when they dropped it to $499 I decided to give it a try.

This is with intentions of retiring my 2008 Traeger Lil Tex.  Don't get me wrong this has been a very reliable unit for me.  That said, since I also have had an FEC100 since mid 2009, its main use since then has been as a grill rather than a smoker.  In that role, it functions, but cooking a steak or burgers simply takes longer than I often care to wait.  It seems to top out around 320 when it has not been cleaned recently, and a bit hotter for a short while when just cleaned... or if you let it sit for 45min to an hour it will get up to 400+, but I rarely cared to wait that long.

Enter the LG800.  Turn it on and the controller reads 375 by default.  It will reach that temp, and begin to overshoot within 10 minutes at current OH outdoor temps.  And it is crazy hot over the open flame area at that temp.  Doesn't seem to have any difficulty with a quick cook of burgers.  It does look like at the current controller settings it is not capable of a 180 temp as it wants to hover around 200 or so when set to 180.  Likewise it overshoots the high temp and takes a while to settle back down to the set temp... but in practice I'm finding I rarely care because I'm already cooking by that point, and 375 vs 400 is mostly a don't care when I'm grilling.  I may check into the various threads around the net about reprogramming to gain more accurate temps, but I think this unit is a keeper, especially for the intended use as mainly a grill.

My Blaz'n GS has a similar control and I was able to reset the temps to very accurate levels.  Not sure that yours uses the same procedure but you should be able to find out from Danson Customer Service.  My resulting set temps are within just a few plus or minus degrees of actual.  Worth doing on any new grill with PID control. 
  • #30 by silverbullet on 01 Jun 2018
  • Hi Everyone,

Welcome aboard! I have LG800E If your looking to re program your controller the folks @ Louisiana are very good folks to work with.
Pages:
Actions