Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well look what I just stumbled upon...  (Read 1610 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Well look what I just stumbled upon...
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 09:24:00 PM »

show some pics of that tri tip cook in the mak section not this memphis section ;D
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

ZCZ

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 09:30:31 PM »

Send Trooper a PM.  He owns a MAK and he owns a Memphis.  Has cooked on both of them quite a bit.
IMHO the older controller is more accurate than the new wifi ones (but no one ever heard that from me) - you will not go wrong with the older controller and you will not go wrong with this deal.

Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

rwalters

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 11:23:19 PM »

Cooking chicken...(dark meat at that) at 500 degrees is asking for a fire especially if the deflector plate is dirty.  I haven’t done it yet, but I would have no qualms about using the whole cooking surface for 20-30 burgers

It seems pretty even left to right and front to back, except for about an inch gap in front and a smaller gap in the rear.  I think the biggest difference is the amount of heat you can have across the entire cooking surface...but  it’s not that much different than your Mak. And while I have never seen a Mak in person, the vids I have seen make it seem like they are wobbly compared to the Memphis. Like opening the lid and the cooker shakes and wobbles (several vids I have noticed this on). The Memphis is not quite the brute the yoder is, but there were no corners cut on the construction of the Memphis that I can tell. It truly is like a fine indoor appliance (like a wolf range, etc).

You have a great cooker and if you wanted more real estate to cook on, maybe an elite would work better?  I don’t see how the pro is a huge upgrade from what you have (I guess is what I’m saying)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Completely agree with the PRO vs MAK re: cooking real estate. Although I have a ton more headroom in the MAK, the main cooking grate size is about even with the Pro. As far as the MAK being wobbly, not sure about that. It’s pretty darn stout. Perhaps the new 2017 design with the lower walls being added gave it more stability, not sure. All I know is that I would not consider it to be wobbly by any means. And you are definitely correct about the Memphis line... feeling that PRO today, you knew right away you were touching quality.

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 06:40:45 AM »

Nice find.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up