Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waiting impatiently for my new rig  (Read 1917 times)

Deebo1133

• Using less gas.
Re: Waiting impatiently for my new rig
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 12:08:14 PM »

You get tracking info for your new pit yet?

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 12:13:17 PM »

I actually just got a text about 10 mins ago from the carrier and have a delivery for Thursday. Haven't seen any tracking info from the store though. So, might depend upon the carrier for your area since it's a freight delivery.

Now...who wants to come help me lift it and remove the laser film?
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

Deebo1133

• Using less gas.
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 12:59:23 PM »

I actually just got a text about 10 mins ago from the carrier and have a delivery for Thursday. Haven't seen any tracking info from the store though. So, might depend upon the carrier for your area since it's a freight delivery.

Now...who wants to come help me lift it and remove the laser film?

Excellent. I am like a kid waiting for Christmas to get here......Hopefully I will get a text soon as well.

glitchy

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 01:11:59 PM »

Excellent. I am like a kid waiting for Christmas to get here......Hopefully I will get a text soon as well.

No kidding, right? I've been watching this forum non-stop like somehow breathing pelletfan 24/7 will make it get here faster  :help:

Anyway, where are you at? I'm guessing it might be the same carrier (R&L) and it sounds like they might have a pretty slick system that automatically sends a text message when the regional center gets notice of arrival or you hit a certain time period from arrival there. The text told me what my first two options were and then gave me a number to call to schedule with...when I called, they had to look it up like they new nothing about it (but not like they were clueless, just like it's heavily automated and they don't know until asked). I haven't gotten freight deliveries before, so was all interesting to me.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

Deebo1133

• Using less gas.
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 01:32:29 PM »

I just got a text....same carrier and same type of text as you. Fri and Mon were my options....Picked Filriday of course  :clap:. Called them , transferred to deliveries and the lady ripped my address off before so gave her anything.....I was pretty impressed.

glitchy

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 01:56:24 PM »

Glad you got the call, I was feeling bad I got mine first...but, I'll still have to see how many things I can get cooked and posted before you even get yours out of the box :P What day did you order? I hope to be eating my first Memphis Brisket Friday evening depending on what Costco has right now.

Deebo1133

• Using less gas.
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2018, 02:47:16 PM »

Ordered it Thursday but decided to wait to have it shipped till Monday. Cook it up....Can’t wait to see pics.

glitchy

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2018, 09:40:43 PM »

Well, now I just need a some biscuits, a little bacon, and the uh...grill  8)

GrillinGlen

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Meridian, Idaho
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2018, 11:29:20 PM »

Congrats, I went from a Traeger to a Pro 6- 7 years and have never looked back.  I would make the same choice again in a heartbeat
2011 SS Memphis Pro

Deebo1133

• Using less gas.
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 02:09:29 PM »

Congrats, I went from a Traeger to a Pro 6- 7 years and have never looked back.  I would make the same choice again in a heartbeat

Do you feel your Pro is a good smoker? Does it seem to impart a good smoke flavor on the meat?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up