Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Glitchy’s New Pro  (Read 3835 times)

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Glitchy’s New Pro
« on: March 16, 2018, 01:02:48 AM »

My grill finally arrived around 4:00 PM today after an eternity of waiting  :cool:. I was told I should be one of the first couple stops so I should have it by between 10 and 1, but it finally made it much later after getting put on the other route. However, I didn’t get my cover and extra probes I ordered. I called the store and they were super apologetic and I had a tracking number before they closed, so kudos to them. My sales guy is on vacation and they still jumped all over taking care of me.

After a some blood, a little sweat, and most definitely tears dealing with the laser film, I finally did the initial burn about 9:00 tonight. That laser film took me at least two hours. This grill is something else, like buying a handmade supercar. I’m very impressed. Other than the cursed laser film, it was a super easy assembly. The fit and finish is amazing. I quickly learned that WD40 is better to remove the laser/tape marks than the included stainless steel wipes though. I hope the wipes are good for routine wipe downs.

I had planned on using it for ribeyes for dinner (and getting it before noon), but after pulling one piece of film I went inside and told the boss we should order pizza tonight. I’ll post some pics of the unboxing for others interested in buying as replies since I’m having problems with posts sometimes from my iPad not always working, especially with attachments. I’ll add the first few cooks later as well.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:34:12 AM by glitchy »
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

glitchy

Re: Glitchy’s New Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 01:03:48 AM »

Here’s how it arrives if you have it shipped and how easy it it unboxes. Stand it up, cut open the front and roll it out. Then start crying or cursing peeling laser film  8) My fingers and forearms were aching by time I was finished. If you can get the grill assembled for less than $300 more then delivery, I’d seriously recommend it...I was nowhere in that ballpark, so this isn’t a complaint, just setting an expectation for others. I was prepared for how annoying the laser film would be from Bentley and the salesman I bought from. I expected about as long as it took.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:29:51 AM by glitchy »
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

glitchy

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 01:06:58 AM »

Literally, blood was included in the install, didn’t even realize Id done it until I saw it on the grill. I even have a tiny stain on the back panel I didn’t see till later and won’t wipe off.

glitchy

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 01:08:40 AM »

All ready to go.

glitchy

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 01:09:53 AM »

New baby at home and purring for the first time.

glitchy

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 01:12:42 AM »

AND...WiFi was up and running within a few minutes (i never got that to work right with another brand and I’m pretty tech savvy).

glitchy

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 01:20:21 AM »

Final thought for the night, this thing whipped right up to 450 and held it like gravy for the burn in. Can’t wait to actually cook on it tomorrow.

Any tips for ribeyes over open flame? Hate to ruin the first real cook. We’re usuaaly between medium rare to medium here. I’m planning on about 4-5 mins a side at med open flame setting. They are Costco choice probably about an inch thick. Does that sound about right?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:37:34 AM by glitchy »

rwalters

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 02:26:17 AM »

Congrats!!!!! Those Memphis’ are bee-uuu-tee-ful!!!!  Very much looking forward to seeing your 1st cooks.  A dot of oven cleaner on that blood stain... and I bet it’ll just wipe away.

rwalters

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 02:28:05 AM »

You said that it just “whipped right up to 450°”... how long would you say it took, from the moment you turned it on until it was sitting at 450°. 

Deebo1133

• Using less gas.
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 07:32:39 AM »

I checked a few times yesterday hoping to see this post! Congrats man, that thing is definitely beautiful. Look forward to your posts going forward. I do not, however, look forward to removing later film ;D

Deebo1133

• Using less gas.
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 07:33:37 AM »

Do you think a heat gun would speed up the process any or do you think it would make it more of a mess?

glitchy

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 08:52:07 AM »

You said that it just “whipped right up to 450°”... how long would you say it took, from the moment you turned it on until it was sitting at 450°.

Honestly, I wasn’t paying a lot of attention as Imwas setting up WiFi at same time and I forgot to prime it too. It wasn’t as fast as I made it sound, definitely in the 10-20 min range. I was just more excited to get there and stay after 3 pellet grills that prett much peaked at 400.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 08:56:27 AM »

Congrats, I have always thought the Memphis was a beautiful pit.  Many years of happy cooking on it!!!

rwalters

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 09:00:27 AM »

Honestly, I wasn’t paying a lot of attention as Imwas setting up WiFi at same time and I forgot to prime it too. It wasn’t as fast as I made it sound, definitely in the 10-20 min range. I was just more excited to get there and stay after 3 pellet grills that prett much peaked at 400.
Gotcha.... and I hear you about “other pellet grills”...my 1st pellet grill back in 2005 would peak out at 375-400°... 400° was only on hot summer days.

glitchy

Re: Glitchy’s New Pr
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2018, 09:00:59 AM »

Do you think a heat gun would speed up the process any or do you think it would make it more of a mess?

My first instinct would be a freeze ray might be better than heat. I think it will melt at a pretty low temp. Also, I cut myself somewhere when plugging in the wifi and main harness, so watch that, not many shap edges on the rest of the grill.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up