Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Grill Grate Question  (Read 1680 times)

Dave R.

• Using less gas.
Another Grill Grate Question
« on: April 01, 2018, 07:48:48 AM »

I've read from start to finish the most recent threads about the GG's. The one question that comes to mind that wasn't discussed is how the after market GG's perform. The aftermarket grates design appeals to me more over the MAK GG's in that their is a channel between the grates to catch the grease and redirect the vapor moisture at the meat and all but eliminates flare up. Curious if anyone has used the aftermarket and if so which size did you order? I've not been able to find the dimensions of the MAK grates. As a disclaimer I still can't claim to be a MAK owner YET. Soon to come if mama gives the nod. Just waiting for her to recover from minor surgery before causing any stress about spending money LOL. Yep, she can make a penny scream by pinching it that tight.
Wanting to learn until the day I'm gone.

Dave R.

• Using less gas.
Re: Another Grill Grate Question
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 08:06:20 AM »

It appears no one has used the after market grates so can someone please give me the measurements of one of the grates? Thank you.
Wanting to learn until the day I'm gone.

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Re: Another Grill Grate Question
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 10:26:22 AM »

Wonder how we got the same Avitar? 
I have GG's for my Blaz'n GS.  They are wonderful.  They retain heat and actually get about 50* hotter than the original grates (unless you have cast iron, but even then GG's out perform due to the design).  You can measure the depth of your original grates and then order from them on the website.  I ordered mine 1" shorter, so I could just place them on top of the original grate with space at each end to allow the proper circulation of the convection air.  I ordered 3 grates so I could do steaks, burgers, etc for several people at once. They will send the special spatula as well with the package.  They also have a SS steel coil brush to use inside of the valleys, it is a must although hard to clean. Here is a recent cook.  Lamb chops.
Pages: [1]   Go Up