Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by GrillinGlen on 02 Sep 2017
  • Most of the old timers know me but what the heck, its a new day.  I live just outside Boise, Idaho in Meridian, been here since graduating Oregon State (the real OSU) in 1984.  My wife's family is from this area.  My wife bought me a Traeger for my birthday in 2008 or 2009 and I eventually found the forum that Larry and Bentley were on.  The obsession grew from there, I've since owned 2 Traegers, 3 Memphis and a GMG, currently cooking on a 2011 SS Memphis Pro. Bentleys harmless invite brought me to the American Royal 4 times with the forum team, made numerous friends I hope to see again at the Royal in 2018.  Also became a judge, took the class to be better at competing, but really liked my one stint at judging, wish there was more to judge closer to me.  My depression had snuck up on me and got a lot worse than I realized, I wasn't BBQing or even going on the forum much for well over a year.  I had just started to get back to it when Larry passed and the forum seemed destined to fizzle. Cant tell you how happy I am that this forum has come about, especially with Bentley at the helm.    :clap: ( I actually hate imogees but this calls for a celebration)
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Sep 2017
  • Welcome back...I really enjoy these stories about how we all got connected and into pellet grills.
  • #3 by Quadman750 on 02 Sep 2017
  • Welcome to the forum.
  • #4 by Bentley on 02 Sep 2017
  • So very nice to have you here...I wish my mind worked a little faster, but I guess 8 days ain't that bad!
  • #5 by Kristin Meredith on 02 Sep 2017
  • Glad to have you here Glen.
  • #6 by pmillen on 03 Sep 2017
  • A celebration indeed.  I'm happy to see you here.
  • #7 by Trooper on 03 Sep 2017
  • Looking forward to hearing from you regularly of the forum, Glen.
    And also at seeing you at the Royal in 2008
  • #8 by RobertG on 03 Sep 2017
  • Welcome from Oregon
  • #9 by InThePitBBQ on 03 Sep 2017
  • Hi Glen welcome from South Bend, Indiana.
    • InThePitBBQ
  • #10 by riverrat49 on 04 Sep 2017
  • GG- Welcome from Spokane,WA
  • #11 by TechMOGogy on 04 Sep 2017
  • AR 2018 sounds good
    Good to see you here!
    Dan
  • #12 by ZCZ on 05 Sep 2017
  • Good to see you here Glen!
    Z
  • #13 by LowSlowFoShow on 06 Sep 2017
  • Another fellow PNWer, welcome from Portland Oregon!
  • #14 by pz on 06 Sep 2017
  • Welcome Glen - Cd'A here  ;)
Pages:
Actions