Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Blackstone 36" Stainless on sale  (Read 2336 times)

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Blackstone 36" Stainless on sale
« on: April 24, 2018, 12:00:15 PM »

If anyone is looking for one, Walmart and Amazon both have the 36" stainless griddle for $259 right now. Not sure how long it lasts.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
Re: Blackstone 36" Stainless on sale
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 12:25:41 PM »

I have the regular one, any good reason besides aesthetic to upgrade?
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

glitchy

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 02:17:03 PM »

Probably not would be my guess, I think they are the same grill otherwise.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 05:31:17 PM »

If you miss that deal, online you can get a 20% coupon for Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Their regular price is $344 for the 36" stainless.  The coupon makes it $275.  It's been this way for about a year so I don't foresee it changing soon.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 11:12:57 AM »

I bought the 17” for 66.00 through the big online retailer, wanted to see quality etc plus figure it would compliment the Davey Crockett at the lake and decided its a decent griddle so I thought why not buy 2 more, the sale price for the 36” comes out to $7.19 an inch, the sale price for the 17” is $4.12. For about $200.00 I will have portability, flexibility regarding temps and redundancy plus 30% more griddle space . So 2 more are on order.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 11:15:54 AM by yorkdude »

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 11:23:17 AM »

I bought the 17” for 66.00 through the big online retailer, wanted to see quality etc plus figure it would compliment the Davey Crockett at the lake and decided its a decent griddle so I thought why not buy 2 more, the sale price for the 36” comes out to $7.19 an inch, the sale price for the 17” is $4.12. For about $200.00 I will have portability, flexibility regarding temps and redundancy plus 30% more griddle space . So 2 more are on order.

Do you have a way to connect more than one griddle to a propane tank or will you need one tank per griddle?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

glitchy

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 11:50:38 AM »

I believe you'll have 10% more space, 24,000 less BTUs, and one less burner. However, it is hard to split a 36" griddle to keep in two places.

yorkdude

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 11:51:36 AM »

I am going to try and make a manifold which should be simple I think, not unlike a gas grill with side burners is how my mind is seeing it, not permanent though so they can also be used independently.

yorkdude

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 11:55:07 AM »

Not too worried about btus so far the little one gets plenty hot for what I want. As far as capacity I just did 51” versus 36”, either way I think it’s a better option for what I will do with them.

glitchy

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 12:13:34 PM »

Not too worried about btus so far the little one gets plenty hot for what I want. As far as capacity I just did 51” versus 36”, either way I think it’s a better option for what I will do with them.

Yep, I was just sharing that I came across a decent discount in case anyone happened to be waiting for a deal on this specific griddle and lots of users on here have been talking about them. It's not a perfect fit for everyone.

yorkdude

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 12:22:43 PM »

Yep, I was just sharing that I came across a decent discount in case anyone happened to be waiting for a deal on this specific griddle and lots of users on here have been talking about them. It's not a perfect fit for everyone.
I appreciate your heads up, everyone talking about them got me interested. I truly was looking for the bigger one but had heard about the drain and then started comparing it to its competitors. I thought I could use the little one at the lake and it would give me the opportunity to see the general quality. Then I just started thinking about sometimes only needing a small one but also needed on occasion larger and this just seemed to make sense to me, time will tell.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 12:26:30 PM by yorkdude »

glitchy

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 12:34:01 PM »

If you Google Blackstone grease mod, you'll find $15 fixes to the grease concern on Amazon, ebay, etc. I obviously haven't confirmed it personally, but looks pretty straightforward.

Th3Batman86

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 12:36:32 PM »

I have the 17, the 28, and the 36. Although I am selling the 28 because I just don't use it. Thanks to this thread though I will probably be selling my 36 and buying a new one. There is nothing wrong with mine but it looks like they have redone the grease drain on the new ones. Oh well, all members of this forum I am sure understand the constant parade of things on the back porch. I have such an understanding wife.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 02:16:43 PM »

I have such an understanding wife.

Me, too.  We'll celebrate 54 years of marriage this summer, largely due to her understanding ability to forgive.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Th3Batman86

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 02:25:19 PM »

I have such an understanding wife.

Me, too.  We'll celebrate 54 years of marriage this summer, largely due to her understanding ability to forgive.

Congratulations!! I will only be at 9 this year but these days and in my family that is a good run. In our immediately family we already hold the record with that number I think.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up