Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blackstone 36" Stainless on sale  (Read 2337 times)

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: Blackstone 36" Stainless on sale
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 02:50:23 PM »

I have such an understanding wife.

Me, too.  We'll celebrate 54 years of marriage this summer, largely due to her understanding ability to forgive.

Congratulations!! I will only be at 9 this year but these days and in my family that is a good run. In our immediately family we already hold the record with that number I think.

Here's to wishing you both decades more. We're right in the middle of you at 22 years.

I asked my wife about the Blackstone and if I taught her to use it if, would she? Her response after asking the price..."Go ahead then, I thought it was in the thousands". So, my lesson is convince them to let you buy a Memphis and everything else becomes no big deal...then cook some of her favorites (very carefully) to make her not regret it.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 04:09:54 PM »

Glitchy you are a man among men. I already have her convinced to let me spend thousands on a Yoder. The caveat is I have to finish my bachelors first. So about a year and a half away from that.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 04:17:59 PM »

I have the regular one, any good reason besides aesthetic to upgrade?
The only reason would be a no rust issue w/ stainless. Plus the look of it.

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 05:18:55 PM »

Not sure if any of you took advantage of this deal before it was over?

My Stainless 36" arrived damage...the box was hit pretty hard on the side and had a hole, so I wasn't surprised to open it and find the underside of the frame and the body on that corner of the grill both bent. I also felt that the griddle was much bigger and heavier than I had envisioned for occasional use, so it wasn't that depressing to return it. Just from opening the box and pulling out the main base to inspect, I will say that this appears to be good quality stuff for the price range. I was even packaged fairly well, so I'm not sure how hard or by what the box was hit by to damage the griddle.

This week I ended up ordering a 28" model and will be checking it out when I get home. 28x17, only one side shelf and 50 lbs less seems like a better size for me and not being sure how much I'll use it. I was originally scared of the 28" model with only 2 burners, but later found that they are H dual burners, so should have decent heat distribution. I'll probably post some details in a new thread if this one is undamaged to start.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

Th3Batman86

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2018, 05:38:04 PM »

I did not buy a stainless on sale. However I did buy a new non-stainless. I saw that the newest model fixes the grease problem. The box is here but I have not opened it yet. This thread inspired the purchase. So now I have to put the old one on craigslist. Thanks for giving me a chore PF.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 06:42:05 PM »

I bought a Camp Chef in late November on an Amazon sale, and it is still in the box in the garage.  Between bad weather and then work travel, I have not had time to even think about it.  Gonna fix that in the month of May.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2018, 09:51:29 AM »

If grease dripping is a concern, place a small cotter pin or wire in the grease trough hole just so it hangs down ~ 1/2" or so. The liquid will follow the wire down and drip off the end and into the container.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2018, 10:37:37 AM »

I have the 17, the 28, and the 36. Although I am selling the 28 because I just don't use it. Thanks to this thread though I will probably be selling my 36 and buying a new one. There is nothing wrong with mine but it looks like they have redone the grease drain on the new ones. Oh well, all members of this forum I am sure understand the constant parade of things on the back porch. I have such an understanding wife.

I saw the new design for the first time at Cabela's a few days ago.  I know it's new on display because I audit their inventory weekly.  (They have my photograph on the wall in their trophy room.   :))

The grease drain is a ~1"×3" hole in the back lip.  The grease drains into a container directly below it.

Their price for the 4-burner was $339.00.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Th3Batman86

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 02:02:11 PM »

I have the 17, the 28, and the 36. Although I am selling the 28 because I just don't use it. Thanks to this thread though I will probably be selling my 36 and buying a new one. There is nothing wrong with mine but it looks like they have redone the grease drain on the new ones. Oh well, all members of this forum I am sure understand the constant parade of things on the back porch. I have such an understanding wife.

I saw the new design for the first time at Cabela's a few days ago.  I know it's new on display because I audit their inventory weekly.  (They have my photograph on the wall in their trophy room.   :))

The grease drain is a ~1"×3" hole in the back lip.  The grease drains into a container directly below it.

Their price for the 4-burner was $339.00.

I did buy the new designed 36 and did sell my old 36 and the 28. So now I just have the new 36 (everything is the same but the grease drain. New design is nice though, I still need to figure out a wind guard) the smaller 17 and the pizza oven.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 03:00:42 PM »

these are what I bought for my 17 for wind. you can take them apart to make it as long as you need it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014KU1NAG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Th3Batman86

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 10:30:14 AM »

these are what I bought for my 17 for wind. you can take them apart to make it as long as you need it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014KU1NAG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

interesting, did you just set them up around the griddle or did you mount them somehow?

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2018, 11:11:02 AM »

interesting, did you just set them up around the griddle or did you mount them somehow?

The only time I needed them I just set them up, I was thinking of getting some of the large office binder clips like this or a bit smaller and just clipping them to the griddle
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up