Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grilla Grill  (Read 9552 times)

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: Grilla Grill
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2019, 01:17:23 PM »

David, I think that you can get tight temperature control if you take a few minutes to "tune" the pellet delivery after the food is inside.  I'll see if I can find a graph from stoker that I use to monitor my PG500, it's used as a remote-reading thermometer and grapher, not a controller.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: Grilla Grill
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2019, 03:20:37 PM »

David, I think that you can get tight temperature control if you take a few minutes to "tune" the pellet delivery after the food is inside.  I'll see if I can find a graph from stoker that I use to monitor my PG500, it's used as a remote-reading thermometer and grapher, not a controller.

Okay, I cooked salisbury steak at 350° in my PG500 last night.  Here's the temperature graph–

It was rolling along at ± a couple of degrees variance until I peeked in a little after 6:25.  Then, when I again opened the door to put vegetables in, the temperature was upset and I never gave it a chance to recover because I opened the doors a third time.

I'm confident that it would have continued with a flat temperature line, like the first 10 or 12 minutes, if I'd not kept opening the doors.  That's pretty tight temperature control for a timing-based controller.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up