Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by glitchy on 17 Oct 2018
  • I loved Sears for years. I bought tools, appliances, clothes, TV's, etc. all from them. However, it seems to me when they first hit a couple bumps in the road, they did change, but it wasn't for the better. They started carrying cheaper clothing from off brands, sourced out Craftsman tools to cheaper contracts and lesser specs, and carried lesser brands in other departments. When it was good I bought my Weber gas grill from them, all sorts of Dockers clothes, Panasonic and Sony TVs, etc. I quit shopping there much after it became Sansui, Sanyo, Charbroil, etc. After Ryobi took over the power tool contract, you could actually buy a much cheaper Ryobi at Home Depot that was built as good or better than the Craftsman at Sears. However, neither was half the tool of a Makita, Milwaukee, Dewalt unless you were after a gimmick feature that Sears patented

I really miss the good Sears of even 15-20 years ago. What was the last good decision they made?
  • #32 by pmillen on 17 Oct 2018
  • What was the last good decision they made?

A great question!  I'm somehow angered when watching their slide.  It reminds me of those cases where children inherit a thriving business and drive it into the ground.  I'd be angrier if I were a stockholder but I sold mine years ago.
  • #33 by smokin soon on 17 Oct 2018
  • Fond memory's growing up with Sears. Most of my parents major purchases came  from them. The catalog stores were often used to provide things not offered in stores. Things like Motor Scooters, Mopeds, Firearms not in stores. My brother had a Moped from Sears, an Italian Puch. All of our appliances growing up were Kenmore. Every tool in Dad's garage was Craftsman. I'm no business expert, but it seems like a ton of bad decisions have been made. Looks like the current CEO will probably make out on real estate, who knows.
  • #34 by LiamBlack on 25 Sep 2019
  • An interesting option, but what about these models? I liked the first one, I think to install it just in my jeep.
Pages:
Actions