Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Ross77 on 22 Jun 2018
  • Read the fine print on that warranty. Electrical components are only covered for 2 years.

Paint, porcelain enamel, burn pot and burn grate are not covered at all.
  • #17 by GatorDave on 22 Jun 2018
  • Read the fine print on that warranty. Electrical components are only covered for 2 years.

Paint, porcelain enamel, burn pot and burn grate are not covered at all.

The burn pot is no longer porcelain enamel.  It's now stainless.  The only thing not stainless now is the auger and the electronics.  It's another reason I'm leery, because the guy didn't even realize it was listed as porcelain enamel on the website still.
  • #18 by BigDave83 on 22 Jun 2018

• It's 2" double walled.

2" double wall is nice, especially if you could get part of it off and could apply some more insulation between them.
  • #19 by rdsbucks on 22 Jun 2018
  • You can get it on Oveneer for $1899.
  • #20 by GatorDave on 22 Jun 2018
  • You can get it on Oveneer for $1899.

I'm not really interested in the wood fired pizza oven.  They are nice, but it's a lot of dough to shell out for pizza.  Plus the wood fired thing is a lot more effort than I'm looking for, which is why pellet grills are for me...lol.
  • #21 by RanrocSmoker on 22 Jun 2018
  • Wow, I'm new here but seriously impressed with the responses and input from everyone on this board! I'm glad I asked my questions!!!

GatorDave, I hear you, man! I'm struggling with deciding myself, and was going to go GMG DB until a couple of weeks ago when I started looking at the Q450 again...then I came across this!

It seems like it hits all of my wish list as well. But I'm worried about the company moving around and wonder what customer service is like. And then the others chiming in about the warranty makes me even more cautious.

However, I think they've been selling smaller, less premium type grills for a few years now...the new grill set to launch later this summer looks like a major facelift and enhancement to the smaller grills they've been selling. I'd like to hold off until someone on here is able to see one up close or take for a test drive of either the Outdoor Cooking Center or the new grill coming out this summer.

GatorDave, if you take the plunge on this one, I'll be rooting for you!!! Hahaha!
    Seriously, if you're in the Central Fl area, maybe I'll buy the first rack of ribs or something for you to test!
    -RRS
  • #22 by GatorDave on 22 Jun 2018
  • Wow, I'm new here but seriously impressed with the responses and input from everyone on this board! I'm glad I asked my questions!!!

GatorDave, I hear you, man! I'm struggling with deciding myself, and was going to go GMG DB until a couple of weeks ago when I started looking at the Q450 again...then I came across this!

It seems like it hits all of my wish list as well. But I'm worried about the company moving around and wonder what customer service is like. And then the others chiming in about the warranty makes me even more cautious.

However, I think they've been selling smaller, less premium type grills for a few years now...the new grill set to launch later this summer looks like a major facelift and enhancement to the smaller grills they've been selling. I'd like to hold off until someone on here is able to see one up close or take for a test drive of either the Outdoor Cooking Center or the new grill coming out this summer.

GatorDave, if you take the plunge on this one, I'll be rooting for you!!! Hahaha!
    Seriously, if you're in the Central Fl area, maybe I'll buy the first rack of ribs or something for you to test!
    -RRS

I actually do live in central Florida.  Once you get your pit we may have to discuss splitting a pallet of lumberjack pellets...lol
  • #23 by Kristin Meredith on 22 Jun 2018
  • I don't understand what they are saying.  If they determine it is defective they will repair, but in the next sentence they say that they won't cover labor costs?  Makes no sense.
    I interpret that to mean the owner pays for shipping part(s) to them and prepays for the return shipment. The manufacturer will review the part(s) and if they find it/them faulty, they will replace the part(s) that the owner prepaid to return ship. The owner must remove and replace the part(s) or find someone else to do it on their own dime and pay for shipping in both directions.

Maybe, but I also know of too many "warranties" that say they will replace or repair a defective part and then hand you a bill for "labor" saying that was separate from the "repairing and replacement".  It is why I think most warranties are worthless.
  • #24 by RanrocSmoker on 22 Jun 2018

-RRS

I actually do live in central Florida.  Once you get your pit we may have to discuss splitting a pallet of lumberjack pellets...lol
    When I get my grill, let’s talk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages:
Actions