Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by GatorDave on 26 Jun 2018
  • Well, the adventure begins.  I just placed my order for this grill on Amazon.  I will keep you guys updated on my experience from beginning to end.  I feel a little better about it after speaking with the manufacturer, but time will tell.  Delivery estimate is from July 3rd to the 13th. 
  • #2 by Bentley on 26 Jun 2018
  • Hope you get it the 3rd if you were planning on being home and using a pit this July 4th!
  • #3 by GatorDave on 26 Jun 2018
  • Hope you get it the 3rd if you were planning on being home and using a pit this July 4th!

I hope you are right, because if I don't get it by the 3rd, I'm unlikely to get it that week.  My company is giving us Friday off instead of the 4th, so that we get a long weekend.  If it doesn't come in by the 3rd, the 4th is a holiday, and I won't be working Friday (I get stuff delivered to work), so Thursday would be my only shot the rest of that week.
  • #4 by Th3Batman86 on 26 Jun 2018
  • Never heard of this brand, what an interesting machine. I am interested in your take on it. I like that it is all stainless and seems to have a decent capacity.
  • #5 by GatorDave on 26 Jun 2018
  • Never heard of this brand, what an interesting machine. I am interested in your take on it. I like that it is all stainless and seems to have a decent capacity.

I hadn't heard of them until last week, and I have been pellet grill shopping for a looooong time.  This one had everything I was looking for in the one pit.  This site has some more pictures you don't see on the manufacturers website.

It really is a pretty unit.  As long as it works as well as it should, I'm going to be very happy.

• #6 by Canadian John on 26 Jun 2018

•  It looks like a nice unit. Congratulations!  Awaiting your evaluation.
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Jun 2018
  • Nice looking.  I hope you have something to wear on your arms when you are pulling food out.  That door should be pretty hot.
  • #8 by RanrocSmoker on 26 Jun 2018
  • Well, the adventure begins.  I just placed my order for this grill on Amazon.  I will keep you guys updated on my experience from beginning to end.  I feel a little better about it after speaking with the manufacturer, but time will tell.  Delivery estimate is from July 3rd to the 13th.

What was it the dealer said that made you feel better about buying it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #9 by bregent on 26 Jun 2018
  • Bentley, didn't you do a review of that pit a few years ago, or did it never materialize? I remember talk about it.
  • #10 by Bentley on 27 Jun 2018
  • I think we asked them and they were interested, but that was about the time everything went to...
  • #11 by pmillen on 27 Jun 2018
  • It's too bad that it wasn't reviewed here.  GatorDave would have heard about it sooner and it would have gotten a great deal of additional exposure.
  • #12 by Bentley on 27 Jun 2018
  • With the exception of Camp Chef, I guess it is one of 2 things, most of the manufactures don't feel it is worthwhile, or they don't feel they need the exposure.  Or they just feel this site is way to small and that there are not enough eyes to make it effective.

It's too bad that it wasn't reviewed here.  GatorDave would have heard about it sooner and it would have gotten a great deal of additional exposure.
  • #13 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Jun 2018
  • With the exception of Camp Chef, I guess it is one of 2 things, most of the manufactures don't feel it is worthwhile, or they don't feel they need the exposure.  Or they just feel this site is way to small and that there are not enough eyes to make it effective.

It's too bad that it wasn't reviewed here.  GatorDave would have heard about it sooner and it would have gotten a great deal of additional exposure.

Or they want to make up their own story about what their grill can do without having someone challenge whether it can or can't.  I'm reading a lot of marketing speak on this sight that seems to be coming from manufacturer information where they seem to be pushing the boundaries of reality on some things to a pretty uninformed prospective buyer.  Like most things in life, I wish I knew then what I do now when I made my first pellet grill purchase.  Pellet grills seem to have become the next patio gadget after the infrared gas grill.
  • #14 by TheFatTick on 27 Jun 2018
  • So you have to pull out a shelf to have access to your food?

Not sure I would like that.
  • #15 by GatorDave on 27 Jun 2018
  • So you have to pull out a shelf to have access to your food?

Not sure I would like that.

You don't have to put all of the shelves in.  If you do put food on all four racks, it would definitely be easier to pull them out to get to your food, but for most cooks I will probably only keep 2 shelves in there.  I doubt I will ever use all 1400 sq inches at one time, but it will be nice to have it.
Pages:
Actions