Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by GatorDave on 27 Jun 2018
  • Well, the adventure begins.  I just placed my order for this grill on Amazon.  I will keep you guys updated on my experience from beginning to end.  I feel a little better about it after speaking with the manufacturer, but time will tell.  Delivery estimate is from July 3rd to the 13th.

What was it the dealer said that made you feel better about buying it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was more an overall vibe.  He didn't try to oversell me on it.  He answered the questions I had, and when I told him I was thinking about ordering a set of spare parts for it, he said that really all I might need is a spare igniter.  He could have sold me all the spare parts, but the fact that he didn't jump at the easy money made me feel a bit better about it.  The jury is still out though.  I won't know anything until I get the unit and can put it through it's paces.  I'll definitely will be sharing how it goes here though.
  • #17 by GatorDave on 28 Jun 2018
  • My pit has shipped. :)
  • #18 by Th3Batman86 on 28 Jun 2018
  • Exciting! Looking forward to your impressions.
  • #19 by slaga on 28 Jun 2018
    Is the expected delivery date in time for the July 4th cook? Congrats by the way!
  • #20 by GatorDave on 28 Jun 2018
    Is the expected delivery date in time for the July 4th cook? Congrats by the way!

It's still listed as the 3rd to the 13th.  It hasn't reached the carrier facility yet, so I still don't know exactly where it's coming from.  Once it gets there, the tracking number will give me more info.
  • #21 by GatorDave on 29 Jun 2018
  • It looks like I should have it by Monday.  It's in Mississippi right now. :cool:
  • #22 by GatorDave on 29 Jun 2018
  • They have closed up the trailer, and it is getting ready to depart Jackson Mississippi.
  • #23 by RanrocSmoker on 29 Jun 2018
  • They have closed up the trailer, and it is getting ready to depart Jackson Mississippi.
    I’m excited for you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #24 by GatorDave on 30 Jun 2018
  • It is now in Orlando, loaded on a truck, ready to go out for delivery Monday. :clap: :cool:
  • #25 by WiPelletHead on 30 Jun 2018
  • Good to hear.

Do you have pellets and food lined up for the 4th?

:cool: :cool:
  • #26 by GatorDave on 30 Jun 2018
  • Good to hear.

Do you have pellets and food lined up for the 4th?

:cool: :cool:

Yep, have pellets.  My company doesn't have the 4th off.  They decided to give us friday off so we have a long weekend.  I prefer that.  Not sure what I'm going to cook yet.  I did a couple chickens on the Bullseye today, and am going to do a couple of meatloafs tomorrow.  I'm definitely going to have to figure out something good for next weekend.
  • #27 by cookingjnj on 01 Jul 2018
  • Exciting times. Congrats. Keep us all posted.
  • #28 by GatorDave on 02 Jul 2018
  • My pit arrived, and I got it set up and did the initial burn in.  My initial thought when I opened the package was man is she pretty.  As I feared, she is prettier from a distance.  This was one of my worries, but one I was willing to live with.  The workmanship looks shoddy in places up close.  It won't affect the cooking of the pit, it's just that it is less pretty up close.  Most of the areas that aren't pretty are inside.  On the outside, for the most part it looks like a good pit, but you can tell corners were cut.

Things I didn't expect that aren't great about it is that things like the auger motor and some of the wiring aren't enclosed.  Which means if this is left out in the rain, water will pour down directly on these things.  This is something that I can fix, so while it is a negative, it's not a deal breaker.  Overall, I think I'm going to be very happy with this unit.  The ash cleanout is spectacular.  open a door, pull out the burn pot and dump it.  Vacuum out the ashes in the box, slide the burn pot back in, close the door.

I love the side shelves, although they actually get a bit warm as they are mounted directly to the cook box.  It seems like it's pretty stingy with the pellets, so that will be nice.  I won't know how stingy until I do a full cook.  I just did an hour at 400 and there was barely any movement in the pellet feed.
  • #29 by Ross77 on 02 Jul 2018
  • Where are the pictures??
  • #30 by GatorDave on 02 Jul 2018
  • Where are the pictures??

I'm going to post them tomorrow.  I don't have the "want to" right now to do it.  It is a humid day out here today.
Pages:
Actions