Pages:
Actions
  • #241 by Kristin Meredith on 08 Nov 2023
  • Made two desserts yesterday. First was for an AA "birthday -- a lemon curd bar with a layer of sweetened cream cheese and sour cream over a shortbread crust.  Second was a German Chocolate Cheesecake for my physical therapist and her assistant as a small thank you for all their hard work on me the last several months.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #242 by yorkdude on 08 Nov 2023
  • Both sound delicious and the German chocolate looks outstanding.
  • #243 by hughver on 08 Nov 2023
  • Yum. yum
  • #244 by BigDave83 on 08 Nov 2023
  • I would be allover the lemon bar. Both look great, some lucky people in your lives.
  • #245 by urnmor on 23 Jan 2024
  • It was cold Sunday so I decided to make a six layer chocolate with vanilla butter cream frosting and topped with a chocolate ganache
  • #246 by Bentley on 23 Jan 2024
  • It looks wonderful!  And I would consider it a 12 layer, as I consider filling and frosting to be layers!  Did you cook 3 pans of cake and slice or 6 different rounds?
  • #247 by BigDave83 on 24 Jan 2024
  • That cake looks like it would be very tasty and cause me to be very sleepy after the sugar high was over.
  • #248 by urnmor on 24 Jan 2024
  • It looks wonderful!  And I would consider it a 12 layer, as I consider filling and frosting to be layers!  Did you cook 3 pans of cake and slice or 6 different rounds?

I cooked three pans cooled placed in refrigerator overnight and sliced.
  • #249 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Jan 2024
  • Looks great!  I know how much work that was!!!
  • #250 by pmillen on 24 Jan 2024
  • I'd love some of that (with a side of insulin).
  • #251 by urnmor on 13 Feb 2024
  • I made my version of the Bavarian Apple Cake. It is very much like an apple pie only easier to make as there are fewer ingredients and the topping is a cinnamon crumple top and not a pie crust.  Also the recipe calls for only apples however I added lemon zest, tablespoon of sugar and dotted the apples with some butter.  As I always have pie crusts on hand I used one instead of making a tart dough.

• #252 by BigDave83 on 13 Feb 2024
  • That looks great the GF is a Dutch apple pie person, I will have to look for a recipe for this.
  • #253 by urnmor on 14 Feb 2024
  • That looks great the GF is a Dutch apple pie person, I will have to look for a recipe for this.

They are quite similar.  I did not add flour to the apple mixture.
  • #254 by Bentley on 14 Feb 2024
  • So the crust/dough would be a tradition pie dough?
  • #255 by urnmor on 14 Feb 2024
  • So the crust/dough would be a tradition pie dough?

I used a traditional pie dough as I always have them available, however, if you have a tart pan a tart would work
Pages:
Actions