Pages:
Actions
  • #91 by Bentley on 08 Aug 2022
  • Creative work!  Did you pipe the frosting?
  • #92 by BigDave83 on 08 Aug 2022
  • Yes, canned with some powdered sugar in it. Beat with stand mixer for a minute or 2.

I have disposable piping bags I used for filling jalapenos with cream cheese, not icing cupcakes.

I liked the uniced cupcakes better than the iced ones.
  • #93 by Kristin Meredith on 09 Aug 2022
  • They look great!  Homemade frosting is not hard to make and so much better than canned, especially since you were already adding the powdered sugar.  Two sticks of soften butter, a pound of powdered sugar, a splash of vanilla and that is it for vanilla.  Add chocolate powder or any other flavoring to vanilla base if you want other flavors.
  • #94 by Bentley on 12 Sep 2022
  • Another AA anniversary, Deb picks up a 28 year chip and requested Cherry pie.  I believe these are my 1st ever cherry pies!

• #95 by BigDave83 on 12 Sep 2022
  • Not a big pie guy but I do like cherry.

Do you make your crust from scratch or use bought pie dough?

No matter I bet she is going to like them. Congratulations to her.
  • #96 by Bentley on 12 Sep 2022
  • These were Pillsbury, but the 2 before that were my Moms crust recipe.
  • #97 by urnmor on 20 Sep 2022
  • A Triple layer Devils Food cake with Honey Buttercream Frosting for our Granddaughter's 9 birthday.  I used to different recipes for the cake one called for coffee and the other did not.  The bottom round is a 9 inch topped with to 8 inch rounds, and decorated with chocolate chips, sprinkles and one Reese Piece in the center.
  • #98 by pmillen on 20 Sep 2022
  • Three layers of chocolate!  Right in my sweet spot!
  • #99 by Bentley on 20 Sep 2022
  • I knew the real talent would start posting in this thread!  Beautifully done!  Is your cake from scratch?
  • #100 by urnmor on 20 Sep 2022
  • I knew the real talent would start posting in this thread!  Beautifully done!  Is your cake from scratch?

Yes
  • #101 by Kristin Meredith on 20 Sep 2022
  • Beautiful cake!
  • #102 by BigDave83 on 20 Sep 2022
  • Nice cake, honey buttercream sounds good also.
  • #103 by 02ebz06 on 20 Sep 2022
  • Great looking cake!  Frosting sounds terrific.
  • #104 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Sep 2022
  • I will send you my address so you can send me one of those for my birthday in a few weeks.
  • #105 by yorkdude on 21 Sep 2022
  • Outstanding looking and sounding.
    Nicely done.
Pages:
Actions