Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: KUMA grills, looking for feedback  (Read 907 times)

mnmgri4

• Lurker
KUMA grills, looking for feedback
« on: July 08, 2018, 10:02:07 PM »

I thought I was settled on getting a Blaz'n Grid Iron but recently came across KUMA grills and am wondering what everyone's thoughts are on these?  Not much out there for reviews,  There warranty is 2 yr. electronics and 5 yr. body, The stainless models are made out of 304 stainless, which is a plus over the 430 stainless on some others and they are double walled.  How well does the KUMA compare with he Baz'n?  Are they similar or in different leagues?

All feedback appreciated.

Thanks

ZCZ

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
Re: KUMA grills, looking for feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 12:01:28 PM »

If you are looking at double wall stainless you might want to look at Memphis grills as well.  They are all stainless with no painted areas.
Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

mnmgri4

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 03:06:44 PM »

I have looked at Memphis but with the added options and shipping it puts it over my budget.  I believe the lower end units are made of 430 stainless which is not rust resistant like 304 is.  I know you can get it in 304 as an option but again it is way over my budget.  Thanks for the reply though, the Memphis looks fantastic.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 03:16:34 PM »

My Memphis has set outside uncovered for about 5 years and I have no signs of rust.  It gets plenty of sunlight, rain, and snow.  I think your concern over the type of SS is unwarranted unless you live next to salt water.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

RanrocSmoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 04:34:21 PM »

Does anyone know how long the typical application of powder coating lasts on grills? That was one of my concerns looking at the Kuma grills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 05:08:02 PM »

Does anyone know how long the typical application of powder coating lasts on grills? That was one of my concerns looking at the Kuma grills.

I think it depends on the grill manufacturer.  I have most of my grills outside in the elements without covers and have not had issues (Traeger and portions of MAK 2).  I have seen others that have rust, paint peeling, etc.  High heat cooking has ruined some paint for some folks as well as living near salt water (Blazn I bought used from someone who lived near Atlantic Ocean).
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

RanrocSmoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 06:32:11 PM »

Thanks, Bar-b-Lew

-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

KJS

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 09:03:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure the shipping cost of a Memphis Grill is included in the price, I really liked the Kuma, just liked the MAK better. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up