Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Been a While  (Read 2395 times)

sac3848

• Using less gas.
Re: Been a While
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 04:19:42 PM »

My 4 screws on the burn pot are frozen. Used liquid wrench overnight, still nothing. Guess i'll try an impact driver, but afraid i'll ruin the phillips head screws. Any suggestions?

ZCZ

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 05:27:16 PM »

My 4 screws on the burn pot are frozen. Used liquid wrench overnight, still nothing. Guess i'll try an impact driver, but afraid i'll ruin the phillips head screws. Any suggestions?

One of mine was tight and would not budge.  Used an "impact wrench" of sorts: put the Phillips head screw driver into the screw head then tapped it a couple times with a hammer.  Pushed down real hard on the handle of the screwdriver as I turned it and that did the trick.

Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »

I think I may have finally had a fire that has cost me my Pro.  It shows Er-1, now usually when I get this all I have to do is get the fire out cool the pit and hit the start button.  I have done that and it did not work..unplugged it several times and when I plug it back in, after the initial flashing Vr on the ITC, it reverts to ER-1...so, if I go out in the morning and plug it in and it does not work, I am going to need to get in touch with Greg and see if it can be repaired.  I guess I maybe buying some new parts!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 10:01:49 PM »

You may just need to reboot the controller.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that.  Good luck to ya.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

TravlinMan

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 10:46:50 PM »

Likely a temp probe/thermocouple. A call to Memphis or your direct line support person and you’ll be back up in a few days.. 

The Memphis are tough units, but they can still be hurt and fail..

Keep us posted..  inquiring minds and all..

.... :bbq:
Memphis Pro * Louisiana Grills LG-700 * Country Smoker Traveller * Traeger PTG

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 09:26:31 AM »

One of mine was tight and would not budge.  Used an "impact wrench" of sorts: put the Phillips head screw driver into the screw head then tapped it a couple times with a hammer.  Pushed down real hard on the handle of the screwdriver as I turned it and that did the trick.

Z
If there is enough screw head left, you may be able to get a pair of good, not worn" Vicegrips "on it. It would be with the V G in a horizontal position... Just make sure to replace the screws and barely tighten.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 06:37:56 PM »

Yes, after countless pit fires, I finally, after 8 years, burnt up the RTD!  Called Hearthland Tech Support, left a message, in about 2 hours I received a return call from Greg.  He confirmed that he believed it was the RTD and a new one is on the way!  I got lucky!  I have to quit being lazy, I was trying to cook all 6 butts at once, when that was really not necessary as the meat is not needed till a week from Saturday.  Hopefully lesson learned! The fire began shortly after the rotation was done and this picture was taken, about 4 hours into a 300° cook!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

ZCZ

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2018, 11:57:41 AM »

Now that is one WELL - SEASONED - PIT.

Those butts look delicious!

Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

Phrett

• Using less gas.
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2018, 05:55:51 PM »

I take the back off every spring and vac, but never have done the burn pot.  With me stuck in rehab for my leg I doubt the Pro will be used much this summer or get any cleaning attention.
Memphis Pro GMG DC Electric vertical smoker Blues, booze and BBQ

sac3848

• Using less gas.
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 07:01:06 AM »

My Pro is a year old and used a lot. Can't get the screws out of the firepot .I tried liquid wrench over night and still no luck I have an impact drill but i'm afraid i will strip them out. Any suggestions ?

Canadian John

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 09:08:57 AM »

When I remove my fire pot for cleaning, I will replace the the screws with hex head (stainless) and LIGHTLY tighten.

Canadian John

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 09:24:03 AM »

My Pro is a year old and used a lot. Can't get the screws out of the firepot .I tried liquid wrench over night and still no luck I have an impact drill but i'm afraid i will strip them out. Any suggestions ?
A good pair of Vicegrips with the small crosshatched jaws at the end work well. Wire brush around the screw heads for max contact. Hold the Vicegrips horizontally, wiggle back and forth to loosen..Don't reuse original screws. See above post.

sac3848

• Using less gas.
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 08:49:23 PM »

Thanks for your help. Will try these suggestion and let you know
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up