Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by triplebq on 24 Jul 2018
  • For those who need maximum space  :o

http://gatorpit.net/big-boy-pellet-cooker-2460.html
  • #2 by dk117 on 24 Jul 2018
  • are you getting one?  Ritch tried to get me interested (mostly in jest) but the 2436 is honestly more than I need 98% of the time. 

DK
    • dk117
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Jul 2018
  • Looks slightly bigger than my Traeger XL but with a second shelf and 2 controllers instead of one.  Interesting to hear from anyone who gets one on how those two controllers work with or against each other as air is circulating through that unit.
  • #4 by triplebq on 24 Jul 2018
  • are you getting one?  Ritch tried to get me interested (mostly in jest) but the 2436 is honestly more than I need 98% of the time. 

DK

LOL too much for me. I would love to have a need for one which would mean I am doing a ton more catering.
  • #5 by dk117 on 24 Jul 2018
  • down in the youtube comments I asked a similar question.  This unit does not include (on purpose) the wiring harness that links the two controllers. 

"I preferred to not sync the hoppers.  Prefer to control them independently.  That way I can set one side a different temp than the other for whatever reason I would want to.  Cold smoke using one hopper only.  Would be one reason."

DK
    • dk117
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Jul 2018
  • down in the youtube comments I asked a similar question.  This unit does not include (on purpose) the wiring harness that links the two controllers. 

"I preferred to not sync the hoppers.  Prefer to control them independently.  That way I can set one side a different temp than the other for whatever reason I would want to.  Cold smoke using one hopper only.  Would be one reason."

DK

That all makes sense.  I would be concerned about having two going at same time with different temps.  Without a wall in between both sides how do they keep each side at that temp with air blowing all over the inside of the unit.
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 25 Jul 2018
  • I would not think it would matter with the air moving around, provided you had both controllers set at the same temp they would each independently work off of their RTD and keep the same temp. It would be nice to have something like that, I don't know what I would do with it.
  • #8 by ylr on 25 Jul 2018
  • Bentley could hold a performance test raffle for this puppy! What, about 900 tickets at $10 apiece?  ;)
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Jul 2018
  • I would not think it would matter with the air moving around, provided you had both controllers set at the same temp they would each independently work off of their RTD and keep the same temp. It would be nice to have something like that, I don't know what I would do with it.

Agreed if set at the same temp, my concern would be set at different temps.  I don't see it working properly without a wall.  I believe a removable wall is what MAK does on their big unit and I think Louisiana or some other manufacturer too.
Pages:
Actions