Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Memphis Pro error 5  (Read 1615 times)

sac3848

• Using less gas.
Memphis Pro error 5
« on: July 26, 2018, 07:04:00 AM »

I've been down for 2 weeks trying to get my Pro working again. Talked with Greg in customer service and he's sending a new temp sensor. Hope this works. I'll let you know. Anyone else have this problem?

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: Memphis Pro error 5
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 09:17:08 AM »

Is this a wifi controller? The non wifi codes I have are 1 thru 4.

sac3848

• Using less gas.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 08:46:07 PM »

Yes Wi Fi controller

sac3848

• Using less gas.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 08:40:50 AM »

Received new temp sensor from Greg  .Works like new!!! Yeah! Back in business
Saw that Malcom Reed of How to BBQ Right,just got a new elite. Will be interesting to see his review

Canadian John

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 10:59:50 AM »

Thanks for the comeback. We now know error code 5 is RTD related with the Wi Fi controller.

Looking forward to Malcom's review as well.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 12:02:24 PM »

Just curious as to why you are both interested to Reed's review of an Elite?

Canadian John

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 12:54:38 PM »

Just curious as to why you are both interested to Reed's review of an Elite?
Just an other prospective, and it's a pellet pit. There shouldn't be any surprises other than Wi Fi related, in my case.

sac3848

• Using less gas.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 08:03:12 AM »

I've watched a lot of his videos and respect his opinion. He also has cooked on a lot of different pits including pellet grills.I have a FEPG 1000 at my other house and cooked on it last winter. The 2 grills are both excellent but cook differently. Not that the Memphis is bad but the FE has a different smoke profile. The FE computer is not as refined as the Memphis and has more temp swings even with adjusting the high and low pellet flow but the end product is still good. I've had 2 fires in the Memphis (my fault) 1 world class, (note to self, don't open hood when your butt is flaming) I cooked Fast Eddy brown sugar ribs the afternoon before putting the butt on at 225.Everything was fine until i bumped up the temp to 300(what could possibly go wrong) I thought i lost the Memphis. Took the butt out of the inferno and finished in the oven and trimmed it heavily .I let it cool for a day and was prepared for a memorial service for my grill but with a good cleanup, she came to life!
No fires on the FE yet

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 09:26:51 AM »

So, again, just curious.  If Reed said he didn't like the Elite or pellet pits in general, would that impact your opinion of either the Elite or pellet pits?

I don't mean this in an argumentative way at all.  I guess I am just a person who, once I have made a decision and own something (like you two own Memphis pits), I really don't care whether others like them or hate them. Seeing his recipes or cooks, I can understand.  His review of something I own and like just isn't important -- only my opinion is important at that point :pig: 

Canadian John

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 10:37:47 AM »

For someone "searching" for a pit or a  cooking method, his information may help..After that it's do things your way. There is so much information out there it' s overwhelming..As for if someone likes or dislikes my pit choice, it doesn't matter to me..I have found the good and the bad in my pits  and am curious if his findings are similar.. Examples would be the Memphis, how easy it is to get at the burn pot, low fly ash in the cooking area, fast warm up, long life, and more, all the things that matter to me. We'll have to wait and see  .  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up