Recipe Section > Vegetables

Corn on the Cob - The Best So Far.

(1/3) > >>

Canadian John:

I've done corn may ways from boiling to on the coals. Mostly soaking before the cook with the silk removed and husks repositioned..I found soaking didn't do much for the corn..It was always good, that is if the corn was fresh.  I decided to  go lazy man style: Fresh corn from the market, place the ears as-is into the pit (indirect),425º for 22 minutes, remove, cut the shank off, stand the ear on the cut end and peal back husks and silk. First, the husks and silk came off so easily due to being wet. Second and most important, the kernels were so moist and tasty it was hard to believe..I attribute the results to the natural moisture left undisturbed in the ears.

Ssteppe:
I've been throwing the whole corn, husks and all, in the microwave for a few minutes. But if you have the pit on anyway, your method probably gives better flavor.

reubenray:

--- Quote from: Ssteppe on July 29, 2018, 09:51:39 AM ---I've been throwing the whole corn, husks and all, in the microwave for a few minutes. But if you have the pit on anyway, your method probably gives better flavor.

--- End quote ---

This is what we do.  There is a farm not to far from us where we can get fresh corn and we eat a lot of corn.  Just make sure you have some gloves that can take some heat.  We can get 13 ears for $4.

Bar-B-Lew:

--- Quote from: Ssteppe on July 29, 2018, 09:51:39 AM ---I've been throwing the whole corn, husks and all, in the microwave for a few minutes. But if you have the pit on anyway, your method probably gives better flavor.

--- End quote ---

2.5-3.0 minutes in the microwave in the husk - just had some fresh sweet corn like that yesterday

leppolite:
Styrofoam cooler...dozen ears of shucked corn...enough boiling water to cover the corn. Put lid on cooler and wait 10 minutes, then eat. Corn will be tasty and hot something like 8 hours. Tried it on the 4th for fun and the entire family loved it. Even had a single ear sitting in the cooler the next morning that was still warm enough to eat.

Its not using the smoker or grill but was good corn just the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View