Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 15 May 2024
  • It is here!
  • #2 by Bentley on 15 May 2024
  • I guess they sent the big one.  I expected a smaller unit, this thing is big!  You can find PT & photos in the Pellet Fan PT section!

1st sunny day tomorrow in a week.  Will get yard work done, then drizzle for next 3 days, so should have time to really get going on it over the weekend!
  • #3 by yorkdude on 15 May 2024
  • They must trust and like you “big time”.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 May 2024
  • I'm glad it is the larger one.  I am interested in seeing the capacity.  I am a bit concerned that this Performance Test is going to cost me a few thousand dollars.  Much like it did on the other site :rotf:
  • #5 by pmillen on 16 May 2024
  • I am a bit concerned that this Performance Test is going to cost me a few thousand dollars.  Much like it did on the other site :rotf:

:)  Yes.  Those tests are still influencing my buying decisions.  They have a long half-life.
  • #6 by Bentley on 18 May 2024
  • Right!  I am starting assembly.  I will make this statement, just cuz I feel like it.  There are going to be a lot of Subjective comments I make about this unit.  For the regulars on this site, I do not believe that will be an issue, as I believe I have earned your trust and I hope you feel i have integrity.

For those of you that are just looking in and have no idea who I am or what this site is about I say this...There is no advertising on this site, it is funded by the owners AND the Members.  We are beholding to no one!  So keep that in mind when you think I sound like a Fan Boy!  It is the Voice of 22 years of Competing and Backyard Cooking on 100% Pellet units!
  • #7 by Bentley on 18 May 2024
  • I am getting old.  This is going to take awhile!  Keith is sending me a link to an app that will walk me through it, so I am real pleased about that.  I was in my 50's the last time I put a pit together, and in my early 50's the last time I did one this big!  So bear with me!
  • #8 by Bentley on 18 May 2024
  • App downloaded, says 1:15 hrs with 2 people.  So see you in about 2:30!
  • #9 by Bentley on 18 May 2024
  • A few more photos added.  It took about 70 minutes to get to this stage.
  • #10 by Bentley on 18 May 2024
  • Added a few more photos.  My cheap phone basally wont function under 15% power, so I am having to let it charge so I can finish following directions from the app and taking pictures of the assembly.  It will be done today and the burn in will happen.  I know Kristin wants a Butt for a function she has coming up, so we may drive right into cooking as we do the technical portion of the PT too!
  • #11 by Bentley on 18 May 2024
  • That is it for today.  A LOT has changed in Pellet units since I bought my 1st one in 2002.  There is a lot to cover on this unit, so I hope folks will be patient with the progress, as I have life chores to do also!
Pages:
Actions