Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by melaleuca727 on 24 Oct 2018
  • Is there an easy way for me to upgrade my firmware?

Or am I stuck with the original?

• #2 by Ross77 on 24 Oct 2018
  • Nope. They will send you a new one. You need version 103 to calibrate the temp probes.
  • #3 by melaleuca727 on 24 Oct 2018
  • Thanks Ross!

Even though I have v. 1.01, I think my probes are accurate.

Will do some further checking.
  • #4 by LowSlowJoe on 25 Oct 2018
  • Supposedly they were trying to find a way to be able to do it over the internet, but apparently they haven't figured that out yet.   

In all honesty, no having the ability to do a firmware update over the internet, right from the start, seems like a pretty big oversight.  Not to mention that the original firmware didn't have the ability to calibrate the food probes right from the start.
  • #5 by melaleuca727 on 01 Nov 2018
  • Supposedly they were trying to find a way to be able to do it over the internet, but apparently they haven't figured that out yet.   

In all honesty, no having the ability to do a firmware update over the internet, right from the start, seems like a pretty big oversight.  Not to mention that the original firmware didn't have the ability to calibrate the food probes right from the start.
    Agree
  • #6 by Spartan Smoker on 26 Dec 2018
  • Did this get sorted out?  I still have a bad probe port or probe itself.  I have not tried to calibrate.  I have just used separate set of probes/system.  Disappointing that my 700's stuff doesn't work that great.  Love the smoker and it seems to do a great job on internal temps.  It is just the probes that don't seem to work that well.
  • #7 by Ross77 on 27 Dec 2018
  • Don't bother trying to calibrate.  I've done it twice and these probes always seem to be off.  I don't know how it can lose calibration but it does.  I don't use the probes anymore.
  • #8 by KrautBurner on 28 Dec 2018
  • Don't bother trying to calibrate.  I've done it twice and these probes always seem to be off.  I don't know how it can lose calibration but it does.  I don't use the probes anymore.

is this with the newest firmware?

• #9 by Ross77 on 28 Dec 2018
  • Yes. 1.03
  • #10 by cookingjnj on 28 Dec 2018
  • Thanks guys. I have not had an opportunity to install my new controller for my 680 yet.  Very disappointed to hear of the continued issues with the probe. Although the new controller has great features, those one I was looking forward to was the ability to use probes right from the controller. It will be a wait and see once I do install the device.
  • #11 by LowSlowJoe on 02 Jan 2019
  • It's really a shame they didn't make the controller such that you could update the firmware over the internet.
Pages:
Actions