Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > All Other Pellet Manufactures.

Myron Mixon Pellet Smoker

(1/7) > >>

Th3Batman86:
Looks like Myron Mixon has entered the pellet cooker game. Miron Mixon Barq Pellet Smokers. I cannot find much information about them online. SamsNWBBQ over here in Oregon has them priced on his website and some photos on his Facebook page. I am unsure about the rules for links. I am going to place the links here and if Bent removes them then you all just can just use Google. If anyone who is better at google than me can find any actual info on these. From the photos it looks like a solid build but with a simple controller. No up close shots of the controller.

Kristin Meredith:
They have been in it for several years.  Bent did a performance evaluation on one for PH.

Th3Batman86:

--- Quote from: Kristin Meredith on November 26, 2018, 03:18:32 PM ---They have been in it for several years.  Bent did a performance evaluation on one for PH.

--- End quote ---
I believe this is a brand new product, not the older pitmaster Q  models that had his name on them. 

Th3Batman86:
Found a video on Facebook on the BBQ Beat Podcast back in Sept where they are talking about it. Interview with Mat Griner- Southern Q,  who appears to know about it. Listening to it now.... Looks like it is made in USA. 14g steel with double walled, fully welded cook chamber, (just typing as I listen to video, sorry for run-on sentence) made in Connecticut, didn't catch if they said by whom, has pellet clean out (dump),  20lb hopper, burn pot in the center, no grease bucket, slide out grease tray .... did not talk about controller at all... that's all I got out of the video.

triplebq:
I took a BBQ Cook class a few months back taught by Myron. He stated that he was coming out with a new home version pellet smoker that could fit full size pans. I believe he said he was going to have 3 sizes. I was impressed by the build quality of his Water and Gravity Feed smokers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View