Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Myron Mixon Pellet Smoker  (Read 7368 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Re: Myron Mixon Pellet Smoker
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 06:59:32 AM »

Guess I am just too cynical.  It seems the majority of change in attitude from celebs comes when dollars are attached. ;)

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 01:06:54 PM »

It seems the majority of change in attitude from celebs comes when dollars are attached.
I agree it is like when all these entertainers come out with their cookbooks. I often wonder how much time they actually spend cooking :(

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 01:16:36 PM »

It seems the majority of change in attitude from celebs comes when dollars are attached.
I agree it is like when all these entertainers come out with their cookbooks. I often wonder how much time they actually spend cooking :(

Is that better or worse than the YouTube personality cookbooks. Or the YouTube personalities in general. My wife was telling about a YouTube "star" named "JoJo". This is a child, maybe 10-12 who has a line of stuff at Target. She has no other claim to fame other than YouTube videos. According to Google she has a net worth of about 8million. I don't understand the world we are living in sometimes.

Just a note, my wife works in child welfare so she knows about these things from there, she doesn't watch child star YouTube videos.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

Th3Batman86

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 01:28:36 PM »

I emailed the dealer that has them to ask about the controller and igniter, below is his response. Not much of an answer. I did think from the pictures it looked like a Traeger dial controller. I imagine he means it is an Ortech TR-100 variant.

The controller is made from a company in the USA, I believe out of Seattle.  I believe they made the controller for Traeger way back when they were still made in the USA and before they moved to China.
The controller has two probe ports for temp monitoring (comes with both probes) and 4 cooking grates (my order came with only two per grill but those who've purchased so far will be able to come back in next month to pick up the extra 2 grates).  I have no idea regarding the igniter.  I do know it's fired up my grill here quickly every time I done so since they arrived last week.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2018, 01:44:03 PM »

I emailed the dealer that has them to ask about the controller and igniter, below is his response. Not much of an answer. I did think from the pictures it looked like a Traeger dial controller. I imagine he means it is an Ortech TR-100 variant.

The controller is made from a company in the USA, I believe out of Seattle.  I believe they made the controller for Traeger way back when they were still made in the USA and before they moved to China.
The controller has two probe ports for temp monitoring (comes with both probes) and 4 cooking grates (my order came with only two per grill but those who've purchased so far will be able to come back in next month to pick up the extra 2 grates).  I have no idea regarding the igniter.  I do know it's fired up my grill here quickly every time I done so since they arrived last week.

Man, that is a poor response..Just doesn't know the product he is selling trying to sell.

urnmor

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2018, 06:55:38 PM »

named "JoJo".
Heck I am 74 and I know JoJo.  I bet I can even sing some of the lyrics to her songs.  Oh did I say i have a five year old granddaughter who drives Alexa crazy playing her songs :clap: :)

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2018, 07:11:32 PM »

Man, that is a poor response..Just doesn't know the product he is selling trying to sell.

Ortech built the original Traeger control, until Traeger started having the chinese make it for them.  I replaced my old Traeger Lil,Tex control with the Ortech and found it to be superior over all, even tho it did not have the shut down program in it.  Just a FYI

Th3Batman86

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2018, 10:20:02 PM »

Ortech built the original Traeger control, until Traeger started having the chinese make it for them.  I replaced my old Traeger Lil,Tex control with the Ortech and found it to be superior over all, even tho it did not have the shut down program in it.  Just a FYI
[/quote]

That is good to know. I had a Chinese Traeger before my RecTec. I much prefer the PID on the RecTec but the one of the Traeger worked. I imagine an even superior one like you are describing would be better. Is it still interval controlled? I imagine it is since it has "p" settings.

smokin soon

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2018, 11:00:23 PM »

Guess I am just too cynical.  It seems the majority of change in attitude from celebs comes when dollars are attached. ;)

I'm not that cynical, I just don't like that guy! Any info out there that says he has ever been close to, or even touched one of those pits?

Th3Batman86

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2018, 12:09:35 AM »

I'm not that cynical, I just don't like that guy! Any info out there that says he has ever been close to, or even touched one of those pits?

Some Facebook /instagram posts of him cooking on them. No video yet.

JBT

• Lurker
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2021, 11:57:48 AM »

How things change..A few years back, Myron was badmouthing pellet pits saying there was no way could they come close to stick burners. That was on a T V show during a completion...

Smoking Guns won the Jack Daniels World Championship using a Fast Eddy FEC100 pellet smoker. 

Plowboys won the American Royal Invitational World Championship  using FEC100 pellet smoker. 

Lots of old timers think fire management  is a skill and look down on Pellet smokers   because they're easy to use.  Then came the gravity feed smokers like Stumps which are more or less light it and forget it smokers.    Myron is a trash talker.    I'm considering buying one of his pellet smokers if I can ever see one.  No dealers or distributors in my neck of the woods. 

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2021, 01:59:19 PM »

Howdy, and welcome to the forum.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

JBT

• Lurker
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2021, 05:30:03 PM »

Howdy, and welcome to the forum.

Thanks! :bbq:

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2022, 03:52:51 PM »

The current information on their web site says -
  • American Made PID/Wifi controller
  • Integral meat probe
  • Double wall stainless steel construction
They're getting rather good comments on other outdoor cooking forums.  But the comments are generally from people who are first-time pellet pit users; although one comment is from a satisfied guy who says that the BARQ is the seventh brand he's owned.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

1MoreFord

• Using less gas.
  • Central Arkansas
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2022, 03:57:15 PM »

Those of you who are basing your idea of Myron from his TV appearances don't have a clue about Myron.  He's a nice guy who put on an act for his "reality" TV appearances to make the producers happy.
Joe

Falcon Mk V gas grill, OK Joe Longhorn - gone, CharGriller Akorn, Camp Chef SG24, Weber 22" OTG
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up