Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by RanrocSmoker on 06 Jun 2019
  • Just read on Kuma site that they are putting the grill "into a state of dormancy."

Their inventory has sold out and they will focus on pellet stove business for now (new EPA requirements leading to focusing all resources on building compliant products I believe).

I reached out earlier this year when I saw that they were out of stock and asked when they expected to be re-stocked (hoping that they would also have new products). No one responded to me, which was surprising since my previous  inquiries with their customer service were always answered promptly. I figured something was up, especially after I read the company was invited to DC for some special showcase of innovative products...I figured they got swamped with new business from the press.

The Kuma Platinum was on my short list, and I almost went ahead and purchased one last year and then early this year. It looks like a fantastic unit. Seems like a great company too!
  • #2 by Bentley on 06 Jun 2019
  • From about 2013 to 2017 there seemed to be a proliferation of new Manufactures enter the market, some domestic, many foreign.  Then it seems in the last 2 years, every "company" wants to have a cheap pellet unit, so they all seem to just buy a unit from China and slap their name on it.  I am surprised that more Manufactures have not gone out of business!
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Jun 2019
  • I would agree with you Bentley.  I don't know how these companies pay for the R&D and only sell a few hundred or thousand grills a year.
  • #4 by ArborAgent on 07 Jun 2019
  • The bar has gotten higher too.

Many pellet grills come with WiFi and probes.
    Others have sear modes that move the defector out of the way.
    Lots of new features and innovations happening.

It’s not enough to stay still in the space.
Pages:
Actions