Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by okie smokie on 09 Jun 2019
  • Thanks again.  The diffuser--drip assembly looks very interesting.  Whole unit comes up and out with the handles.  Looks like it is built like a box with walls, and a bottom in it.  Does it break down for cleaning? 
  • #32 by RanrocSmoker on 09 Jun 2019
  • Thanks again.  The diffuser--drip assembly looks very interesting.  Whole unit comes up and out with the handles.  Looks like it is built like a box with walls, and a bottom in it.  Does it break down for cleaning?

No it’s just one piece except for the top piece that sits on top and slides back and forth. There actually is no bottom to it. Nothing comes apart that I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #33 by okie smokie on 09 Jun 2019
  • looks like a lot of research went into this.  I am very interested in how well it all works.  Accuracy of the temps, even distribution of heat.  They are close enough for me to justify a trip to Big D if the price is right.  Of course I need a new grill--NOT.
    Keep the reports coming .    :bbq:
  • #34 by RanrocSmoker on 09 Jun 2019
  • sure is pretty, I'm wondering what the inside is going to look like in three months.  Get it seasoned and show us some cooks!

BTW, that looks like a desirable pit.

Thank you, pmillen!

• #35 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Jun 2019
  • Thanks for all of the pictures and information that you shared.  It looks like great value for the cost of the grill.  Looking forward to hear about your cooks on it.
  • #36 by MysticRhythms on 09 Jun 2019
  • This is an interesting pit.
    Your wish list was pretty long, I'm surprised that you were able to find a pit with all of those features under $1000.
    Maybe I'm just out of touch on prices these days, it's been a while since I seriously looked at a new pit.
    Were there very many others that met all of these requirements?
  • #37 by RanrocSmoker on 09 Jun 2019
  • Thanks for all of the pictures and information that you shared.  It looks like great value for the cost of the grill.  Looking forward to hear about your cooks on it.

I feel great about sharing all this with all of you...I've learned a great deal from this site and I'm happy to give back a little to the knowledge base!
  • #38 by RanrocSmoker on 09 Jun 2019
  • This is an interesting pit.
    Your wish list was pretty long, I'm surprised that you were able to find a pit with all of those features under $1000.
    Maybe I'm just out of touch on prices these days, it's been a while since I seriously looked at a new pit.
    Were there very many others that met all of these requirements?

The only one that came close was the Firecraft Q450...but we all know what happened with that product!

The Memphis (and the new Twin Eagle) hit a lot of my checks too, but the prices were really discouraging for me. I could see myself not wanting to get those pits dirty and having anxiety about it being stolen or damaged by the storms we get here.

The Kuma, despite not being all stainless was also in consideration because the of the pellet feed system and the direct flame, but they wanted $$$ for every single option (from warming shelves to lift gate service). The Eco had everything that I think should be standard included in the price.

I couldn't wait around for a local used pit to become available (I've been checking for months and months, on and off, craiglist, eBay, other local discussion boards), and I was willing to pay for the new Beale Street coming out, but I'm relieved that I went with this. The only thing that might make it near perfect would be a a solid wifi system, and maybe a pellet dump feature...but maybe for the next grill I buy! I'm not sold that any single company has the wifi and app situation figured out, although GMG comes really close (I read the good and bad discussions and posts on various boards).

This grill just seemed to say, "Hey, try me out and if we don't work out, at least you're not out thousands of dollars!"
  • #39 by okie smokie on 09 Jun 2019
  • Do you know where they are and where the pit is made? Their Dallas address is a UPS store mailbox. And they have what appears to be small warehouse space in Vancouver, Wa.  I was thinking about maybe driving to Dallas (have a relative there) and stopping by their place, but Google just shows UPS at that address. I note they have a box number in the address. ?
  • #40 by RanrocSmoker on 09 Jun 2019
  • Do you know where they are and where the pit is made? Their Dallas address is a UPS store mailbox. And they have what appears to be small warehouse space in Vancouver, Wa.  I was thinking about maybe driving to Dallas (have a relative there) and stopping by their place, but Google just shows UPS at that address. I note they have a box number in the address. ?

I'm not 100% certain, Okie, where the company is located. I have a feeling they are not a big operation. I believe they are based out of Dallas, as this is where the grill was shipped from. I believe I read somewhere that they broke away from their distributor a couple of years ago and started shipping direct, which is why, I'm assuming some of their manuals or old pellet grills from like 2014/2015 have a Washington address or phone number associated with them...this is total speculation on my part, and I don't have an email communication from the owner/manager with that info, so I must've read it on a discussion board somewhere.

The grill is made in China, and that's probably why it was so inexpensive relative to other stainless.

Edit: I bought the grill from Amazon due to me reading some guarantee if buying through them. From their company description on Amazon (I guess the seller part of their company is called “2sear”), “All this started in 2011.  In 2017, we separated from our partner distribution company and now we stand on our own near Dallas, TX.  Let us help supply you with some of the best pellet grills around.”
  • #41 by okie smokie on 09 Jun 2019
  • Good info.  I am definitely interested and will try to get more info by phone.  Thanks again, and keep up informed.
     :bbq:
  • #42 by GatorDave on 10 Jun 2019
  • Congrats on the pit.  How do you like my favorite part, the burn pot cleanout?  Even with all of the problems with my pit, that feature alone makes up for a lot.  Depending on how it works out for you, my next pit might also be a Smoke-n-hot, just a better version of it.
  • #43 by RanrocSmoker on 10 Jun 2019
  • Congrats on the pit.  How do you like my favorite part, the burn pot cleanout?  Even with all of the problems with my pit, that feature alone makes up for a lot.  Depending on how it works out for you, my next pit might also be a Smoke-n-hot, just a better version of it.
    Thanks, GatorDave! I love the ash clean out. I just open up the cover to the burn pot, pull it out and dump it. I was surprised with how all the ash stayed in the pot despite having big holes (I got huge piles after each of the four sessions). Never having owned a pellet grill before, I think this needs to be standard in all grills from all companies.

I think the manufacturer really wants to make something relevant, useful and at a desirable price point with this line. I hope they keep innovating (I hope they stay in business first, LOL)!

• #44 by W6YJ on 10 Jun 2019

• Yes I think it’s relatively easy. I only saw a few screws securing the housing for the controller. I don’t think it would be hard to do.

Thanks again. Can't wait to hear how your cooks come out and anything else about the grill.
  • #45 by okie smokie on 11 Jun 2019
  • So? You must have cooked something by now besides the steaks?
Pages:
Actions