Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cold Smoke Cheese...  (Read 986 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Cold Smoke Cheese...
« on: August 31, 2017, 03:30:30 PM »

Lots of devices, I used to have one on my Traeger 075, as you can see, I was not as proficient at Cold Smoking when I started.

My preference now is dedicated Cold Smoke generator inside a pit, I now use the Blaz'n Smoker.  But I have built a Binford 4000 and I have even used a Soffit, when and to this day, do not know what a Soffit is!  I will assume folks have a device they like.

I used to think if you kept the temperature under 90°F you were OK for Cold Smoking...I had to rethink that, and I think you are pushing it if you get to 80°F.  65° seems to be the sweet spot for me.

No one can tell you how much time in the smoke, I can tell you for cheese, it is 3 hours for me.  I think many will find that way high, I understand, this is my preference.  I am not the kind of cheese eater that is going to cut off small hunks and put on a Ritz or a Trisket and eat, or just eat the hunk itself.  I am a use on a taco, or enchilada or a pizza, I really want that Smoke flavor to come through.  I am also boring, I am a simply a Cheddar and Pepper Jack guy...

My Age time is 2 weeks, and I like it vac sealed when I do it!

Good luck, and I hope folks with more experience will be in over the next few days and weeks to really show you how to do it!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: [1]   Go Up