Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by glitchy on 27 Sep 2019
  • Ross77, thanks for sharing that.

I’m trying to decide between this, the Traeger Ironwood, RecTec, and Pitts and Spits. Leaning towards Weber for the price, porcelain finish and outstanding customer service. I wasn’t too thrilled with Traegers support over the Pro series temp issues even though I think the new D2 grills are pretty nice. I like the looks of the P&S, but not sure I’ll ever throw $2K at a grill again. It does appear to be a tank. RecTec is just tough being a Chinese grill that you cannot see or touch anywhere but their home office.
  • #17 by Ross77 on 27 Sep 2019
  • I bought the RecTec without being able to see it in person and I don't regret it.
  • #18 by lil moose on 01 Oct 2019
  • Ross77, thanks for sharing that.

I’m trying to decide between this, the Traeger Ironwood, RecTec, and Pitts and Spits. Leaning towards Weber for the price, porcelain finish and outstanding customer service. I wasn’t too thrilled with Traegers support over the Pro series temp issues even though I think the new D2 grills are pretty nice. I like the looks of the P&S, but not sure I’ll ever throw $2K at a grill again. It does appear to be a tank. RecTec is just tough being a Chinese grill that you cannot see or touch anywhere but their home office.
    RecTec without even thinking.  I have had mine 4+ years been dead on perfect and they really do help if you have questions (I asked a lot before I pulled the trigger ) :D
  • #19 by okie smokie on 01 Oct 2019
  • [ Invalid Attachment ]
    Looks PhotoShopped to me. The diminutive pellet bin looks to be farther back than the side, and also is a different contrast of black.  I think that whole thing is a fake. 
    BWTHDIK?
  • #20 by Ross77 on 01 Oct 2019
  • Weber confirmed it on Twitter.  The pellet hopper is apparently along the back.
  • #21 by lil moose on 02 Oct 2019
  • I think their late to the game for sure so it better be a dang good smoker for the  $$$$$

But I feel it's gonna be over priced and nothing but a revamped Traeger type BUT there is always hope!

I still wonder why CharBroil has not gotten into to game yet?
  • #22 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Oct 2019
  • I think their late to the game for sure so it better be a dang good smoker for the  $$$$$

But I feel it's gonna be over priced and nothing but a revamped Traeger type BUT there is always hope!

I still wonder why CharBroil has not gotten into to game yet?

I see that CharBroil just got into the semi higher end electric vertical smoker game recently...maybe pellets are next for them
  • #23 by Canadian John on 02 Oct 2019

•  Keep them coming. The more pellet cookers out there the better for us consumers. Keeps everybody on their toes.
  • #24 by LiamBlack on 12 Mar 2020
  • If they're better than these options, then this is it. I'm curious about the surprise they're giving us.
  • #25 by bregent on 12 Mar 2020
  • >If they're better than these options, then this is it.

Sorry, but that looks like just another fake review site. Notice that these review sites never do their own testing. All of the photo's are stock, and the video's are either linked from other Youtube users or the manufactures. The information provided is just regurgitated from marketing material. These sites exist solely for affiliate clicks and I would never base any buying decision on anything found there.
  • #26 by Canadian John on 13 Mar 2020

•  +1.. Whatever they base their testing criteria on is a question itself..   That would most definitely fall into the Fake News category.
Pages:
Actions