Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by LowSlowJoe on 02 Oct 2019
  • Did you all see the new Pellet Pro Vertical double walled smoker?   

Nice looking unit.   If I were in the market for another pellet 'grill', this would be one I'd seriously consider.   

The first 4 1/2 minute or so of this video gives a decent view of the layout of things.

https://youtu.be/n9NLoVZzcXg
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Oct 2019
  • Hmm....thanks for sharing.  I was going to buy another vertical, but looks like this would be a buy once and never buy again vertical.  May need to save a few more $ now and wait.
  • #3 by Canadian John on 02 Oct 2019

•  Good video..Looks like my old Traeger inside...Has some nice features..Will rust be an issue in the non stainless double wall construction?
  • #4 by triplebq on 02 Oct 2019
  • Nice looking unit.
  • #5 by LowSlowJoe on 03 Oct 2019
  • I've never owned a double walled pellet grill, at least not one fully double walled.    My Fast Eddy PG500 has double walls around the main heat chamber, I think this is done simply to prevent the exterior surface from having major heat tint due to high temperatures that are present in that area.

I know there are a lot of conventional steel, double walled, vertical smokers out there, so I don't really think the dual walls pose a problem with rust.  However I have had the same thoughts myself...  In general, I suspect it's not a issue.

Part of me wishes I had a spare $1100 around to buy one of these Pellet Pro verticals... another part knows I absolutely don't need another smoker, so unless something drastic happens , I personally won't be buying one , and therefore won't likely ever have any first hand knowledge of how good or bad they are.   

One thing I do know... Of all the Pellet Pro/Smoke daddy offerings, this new vertical, is really the only one that I have a strong interest in.   At first glance, I think it's a very sound looking pellet smoker.  If I felt a need to be able to make large quantities of BBQ, I think it would be way way up near the top of my list of pellet grill offerings.
  • #6 by Bentley on 03 Oct 2019
  • You have to clean then every few cooks if you want to be able to look in, but I would rather have something like the CopperTop that I can see the food.
  • #7 by GASmoker on 29 Dec 2019
  • I just bought one (PelletPro 2300) about a month ago. It's my first run at pellet cooking. 20+ year history of cooking on offsets and wsm's. I have no other experience with pellet cookers, so it's definitely been a learning curve.
Pages:
Actions