Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Ross77 on 07 Feb 2020
  • What are they charging for the Weber pellets?  Is the Hickory 100% hickory or blended with something else?
  • #32 by yorkdude on 07 Feb 2020
  • Only since you both spelled Camaro correctly...
    Very nice, Thanks for the picture.
  • #33 by glitchy on 07 Feb 2020
  • What are they charging for the Weber pellets?  Is the Hickory 100% hickory or blended with something else?

16.99, 40% Hickory/60% Oak. I’m more excited for the blend, equal parts Hickory, Maple, Cherry.
  • #34 by glitchy on 07 Feb 2020
  • A couple early previews for my fellow Pellet Fans. Nice packaging, designed for easy assembly. Still trying to figure out how I’m getting it to the back patio. It’s snowing again and those casters are small for off roading.
  • #35 by Ross77 on 07 Feb 2020
  • Those are pricy pellets. $17 for 20lbs. That’s about what I pay for 40lb bags of LJ.
  • #36 by glitchy on 07 Feb 2020
  • Almost ready to burn...
  • #37 by glitchy on 07 Feb 2020
  • Weber’s intelligence test. Those were the screws from the bag and only two that size.
  • #38 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2020
  • Does it feel like a good build quality?
  • #39 by glitchy on 07 Feb 2020
  • Does it feel like a good build quality?

My feeling assembling it is that it is better built than all my Traegers, GMG and Camp Chef. Obviously, not in same material category as Memphis. Steel definitely seems thicker than the Traeger and Camp Chef and probably about same as GMG. Love the porcelain finish.
  • #40 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2020
  • Glad to hear.  Looking forward to the rest of what you have to share as you start using it.
  • #41 by glitchy on 07 Feb 2020
  • I’m just hoping to get supervisor clearance to cross the restricted area to get to the patio. Best option is straight through the house with the snow. Once the permit clears, it’ll be time for burn in and a reverse seared steak.
  • #42 by bregent on 07 Feb 2020
  • >Once the permit clears, it’ll be time for burn in and a reverse seared steak.

Can you pay extra to have it expedited :)
  • #43 by glitchy on 07 Feb 2020
  • Granted...Very reluctantly on the reverse trip for the Camp Chef to the garage.
  • #44 by glitchy on 07 Feb 2020
  • Ok, exciting first notes. Due to tricky engineering the lid feels very heavy, it’s really just tight hinges. She’s outside and burning in now.

5:27 - started
    5:32 - first smoke
    5:41 - 300 degrees
    5:49 - 600 degrees

The ash drawer is interesting...there’s definitely smoldering crumbs in there.
  • #45 by BigDave83 on 07 Feb 2020
  • Looks very nice if it works as well as ii looks you are set. Maybe a bribe of her favorite thing to be cooked on it will help out.
Pages:
Actions