Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by glitchy on 07 Feb 2020
  • This girl is on fire
  • #47 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2020
  • Wow!  600° in 22 minutes in those temps is down right impressive.  What temp was the controller set at?
  • #48 by glitchy on 07 Feb 2020
  • 600, That’s the max.
  • #49 by glitchy on 07 Feb 2020
  • Chuck Eye Steaks, 250 degrees until 120 IT, pulled for like 5 mins while grill set to 525, the about 2 per side. First pic when pulled and waiting.
  • #50 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2020
  • whats your assessment on risk of grease fire with low to high temp cook?  or is it too early to tell
  • #51 by okie smokie on 07 Feb 2020
  • I’m just hoping to get supervisor clearance to cross the restricted area to get to the patio. Best option is straight through the house with the snow. Once the permit clears, it’ll be time for burn in and a reverse seared steak.
    Thru the house is how I have done all 3 of my grills.  Worked well for me. Looks like well packed and ready!
  • #52 by okie smokie on 07 Feb 2020
  • Good pics. Keep sending as you go.  Did you see any cinders get out?  Probably good idea to get the floor pad for it.? :clap:
  • #53 by glitchy on 07 Feb 2020
  • Good pics. Keep sending as you go.  Did you see any cinders get out?  Probably good idea to get the floor pad for it.? :clap:

Yes, if you are on wood, you’ll probably want something under it. I saw a coupe sneak out.
  • #54 by glitchy on 07 Feb 2020
  • Sorry everyone, I slept about 3.5 hours last night and am running in sloth mode on top of it being pretty stinking cold out. I like it so far. Steaks were good, not great...but a cut I rarely get too. I like the obvious, high temps and gets there like a Memphis, no smoke stack, no bucket, etc. What I don’t like so far is that there is not a probe port and the app isn’t very good. Memphis, GMG, and Yraeger were all much better interfaces, hopefully they’ll make it better as time goes on. I really don’t like not having a probe port.

I’ll try to get some performance like info soon, like the infamous biscuit test and some fireboard readings if I decide I’ll put those probes through the lid. Hope to cook some more this weekend.

Lew, not sure on the fires yet. There’s definitely more risk the the ‘standard’ drip tray design, but we’ll have to see how well it separates grease from ash and embers.
  • #55 by glitchy on 08 Feb 2020
  • I’ve burned through about 15-17 pound of pellets in 8 hours. 1 hour at 600, 1 hour at 250, 30 mins at 525, 1 hour at 200, and the remainder at 260. Cooking some short ribs and st. louis ribs today. Still hate the app, like the grill. Also, a little Weber vs Cookin Pellets comparison, left is Weber, they are slightly smaller in diameter.
  • #56 by RanrocSmoker on 08 Feb 2020
  • Nice looking unit! Are the grates plated or are they solid stainless steel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #57 by okie smokie on 08 Feb 2020
  • Nice looking unit! Are the grates plated or are they solid stainless steel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Advertised as plated, but also, that available as SS as they are the same dimensions as one of the gas grills.? Not sure as I have not checked.
  • #58 by glitchy on 08 Feb 2020
  • Mine are stainless :P However, the grill comes with plated like Okie mentioned. I had stainless for my gasser that I later replaced with full GrillGrates. Here’s the cook results. ZCZ’s rib method.
  • #59 by glitchy on 08 Feb 2020
  • The infamous biscuit test...I missed that the pic with them all flipped in place didn’t take. The two in second pic are pretty indicative of the whole, right side just a smidge cooler.
  • #60 by glitchy on 08 Feb 2020
  • Ash drawer after a full bag of pellets, 2 chuck eyes, Beef Ribs, Pork ribs, one ring sausage heated, and biscuits.
Pages:
Actions