Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Donate To PelletFan.  (Read 24732 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Donate To PelletFan.
« on: December 10, 2019, 09:39:58 PM »

OK...Adam got us set up with a link for paypal.  I will add it in here.  I understand most want no recognition for their donation, we CAN"T give any anyway, so that is not an Issue.  Let me be clear on this, Adam did not think it was wise to use 8 year old programs that would allow this and I respect his judgement, so there will be no icon for showing that some has donated.  For those that wanted this I am sorry.

What I would like to ask is that if you give, you include your handle (in the note section), I will explain why I am asking for this later if you will indulge me now.  I will not divulge this info to ANYONE.

For those that want to send a check, PM and I will send you my address.  Right now those will be the 2 options.  Thank you.

Pellet Fan Donation

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 10:43:04 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
Re: Donate To PelletFan.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 09:20:55 PM »

Well, do to Very Generous Members there is enough money to extend the hosting of the site till August of 2023  (as long as they will let us go out).  Actually, with the 25% Kristin and I are kicking in and the $50 from ThermoWorks, and the $39.99 refund I just got from HostGator, still xxxxxx off about 2018 incorrect billing (of which there will be no refund), there will be surplus.  You all need to start thinking about what we are supposed to do with that.

So you all want me to take your money and renew till August 2023?

MysticRhythms

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 10:08:00 PM »

That's my vote.
Don't ask me, I'm just improvising. 
PG500

smokin soon

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 10:33:41 PM »

Good plan!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 10:54:56 PM »

I am open to using the funds to renew for one year, and use the funds to buy things to test.  I get you can't buy a new $1000+ grill to test.  Maybe some other smaller ticket items could be bought and tested.  Then pick a month next year to have another donation drive.

I also have no problem funding thru 2023 like you suggested, but I think we could get more out of those funds doing other things with it.  Unfortunately, I just can't come up with good ideas right now.Maybe the people who donated go in a raffle for the items you tested each time.  May drive more people to donate.

At the end of the day, it is now your money and your site.  You get to decide what to do, but I appreciate you asking for input from the members.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 11:25:00 PM »

Depending on what folks want tested, might be able to do both!  A reason why I wanted peoples handles. A reason for that one poll.  I guess I will pay HostGator and see where we lie. 

Maybe some other smaller ticket items could be bought and tested.

I also have no problem funding thru 2023 like you suggested, but I think we could get more out of those funds doing other things with it.  Maybe the people who donated go in a raffle for the items you tested each time.

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 04:29:48 AM »

I am open to using the funds to renew for one year, and use the funds to buy things to test.  I get you can't buy a new $1000+ grill to test.  Maybe some other smaller ticket items could be bought and tested.  Then pick a month next year to have another donation drive.

I also have no problem funding thru 2023 like you suggested, but I think we could get more out of those funds doing other things with it.  Unfortunately, I just can't come up with good ideas right now.Maybe the people who donated go in a raffle for the items you tested each time.  May drive more people to donate.

At the end of the day, it is now your money and your site.  You get to decide what to do, but I appreciate you asking for input from the members.
I agree with this 100%.

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 07:25:35 AM »

I was agreeing with paying out for the site until 2023.  However, B-B-Lew does have a good idea about using some of the funds for product testing.  There has been mention about testing smaller items such as slicers etc. that I know I would like to see periodically, and I am sure others as well.  Either way we go, the donations we made went to a great cause, and we all know you (Bent/Kristin) will always do the right thing for our site and our donations.  Thanks again for being the great caretakers you are!

MP09

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2019, 09:33:37 AM »

2023 sounds good and then we can donate again. testing new products is always a great idea and raffles are always fun! let the good times roll...
BGW Grid Iron and a bunch of old gassers "now retired"

W6YJ

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2019, 07:00:17 PM »

Most definitely my vote also....

Big Bear

• Using less gas.
  • "BBQ, the reason Pig was created!"
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2019, 02:53:37 PM »

Yeppers!
Made in USA {2004}Lil Tex #7130 w\ Savannah Stoker v1 controller & retrofitted with SS drip pan, fire pot, HD flame shield & Modified with the Original Downdraft Scoop - 20 years old and Still Smoking!

SJeP

• Using less gas.
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2019, 04:36:00 PM »

Me too!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2019, 08:09:11 PM »

Dumb question, is there a suggested amount?

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2019, 08:06:42 AM »

There is not a suggested amount, although we thought if folks wanted to send $10 in this first time fund raising, that would help.  Obviously, we have had a lot of contributions so that we can cover 3 years and now are seing if we have some funds left over to test a few products.  We appreciate any amount someone is willing to send.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2019, 11:56:06 AM »

There is not a suggested amount, although we thought if folks wanted to send $10 in this first time fund raising, that would help.  Obviously, we have had a lot of contributions so that we can cover 3 years and now are seing if we have some funds left over to test a few products.  We appreciate any amount someone is willing to send.

Thank you.

Love seeing the product demos and Bent's videos.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up