Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Air Fyers  (Read 3073 times)

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
Air Fyers
« on: September 24, 2017, 10:49:25 AM »

I know this is off topic however I am looking at healthier ways to cook and was wondering if anyone uses an air fryer and if so what brand and model and how do yo like it

GREG-B

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Washougal WA
Re: Air Fyers
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 10:58:14 AM »

https://smile.amazon.com/Oyama-TRO-110C-Turbo-Convection-White/dp/B003XJE60U/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1506264821&sr=8-11&keywords=air+cooker+fryer

SWMBO's kitchen was out of commission for better part of 6 months and she wanted something to substitute and this is what we got.   It works pretty good and I wanted one that you could see in while operating.   We had actually talked about getting one before our kitchen got destroyed so it came in handy. 
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy.

Queball

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 11:00:25 AM »

Urnmor .... Unfortunately, I have never used one. So, I can't help you there. .... But if you want to get rid of some of that marvelous equipment you have, for healthy cookers, I'd be happy to come and truck the existing stuff out of there for you.  ???

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 11:10:44 AM »

We bought one, unboxed it and read the instruction booklet.  It takes waaaay longer to cook something simple, like french fries, than we are willing to tolerate.  It was back in the store in less than an hour from purchase.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

apollo

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 11:15:27 AM »

I have one, I believe its this model https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Airfryer-Original-HD9230-26/dp/B00H8OATGG

Only used it a few times. Food comes out OK, but only fits a small amount of food, takes a while to heat up, its very loud and a bit of a pain to clean. I would not buy again.
FE PG500

pz

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • My recipes
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 01:09:03 PM »

I've not purchased one, but my mother did. She used it a few times and then it was relegated to become a member of the old kitchen gadget never to be used again area of her kitchen.
PZ

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 01:30:34 PM »

I've been thinking about getting one for a while. Then saw one at Costco the other day and realized how big they are compared to the cooking space. Where the heck am I going to store that thing? Plus the many no so favorable reviews. I'll keep 'air frying' in my pellet grill and kitchen oven, or just use some good old grease.

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 05:41:06 PM »

I have one, not a big fan. The kids like it and use it fairly often for heating up snacks.
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 06:23:53 PM »

I bought one not long ago, have not done a lot with it, I bought the Power XL 3.4L model I have used it to reheat some things and have done chicken strips and potatoes. I agree on capacity and times. I had large chicken breasts and I could have done them quicker in one of my other appliances than in the air fryer.

I have a new wave oven I like and a Breville smart oven that works well also. I would not buy an air fryer again knowing what little I know now on them.

Old Salt

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 11:58:58 PM »

My wife and I have an Elite by Maxi-Matic.  We love it.  It cooks almost everything we use our oven for (not including your large dishes and meats, obviously), without having to wait for the oven to preheat, without heating up the house (we live in Louisiana and it's HOT!!), and it makes things crispier.  My wife doesn't have a gall-bladder so we don't fry a whole lot.  We used to bake our fries, fish sticks, cheese sticks....things like that.  The air fryer is great in that regard.

Clonesmoker

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 07:51:49 AM »

Gave my wife one for mothers day. It's cooked some of the juiciest chicken breasts I've ever had.  We got rid of our deep fryer. We've done fries, chicken nuggets, cheese balls etc. I even cooked some breaded "minute steak" and it came out great. Clean up is easy and we don't have the greasy smell in our house any more.

urnmor

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 04:07:31 PM »

Have not yet made a decision however even with the mix reviews I am leaning towards purchasing one.  First because I like kitchen gadgets, secondly I like fried foods and this will get me close to that without smelling up my house and also it is healthier and finally because I use when we camp.  As to kitchen gadgets the only one i do not really like is the Instant Pot for some reason I just have a tough time getting the results I want.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Air fryer recommendations?
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 11:04:45 AM »

Anyone have an air fryer? Do you like it?  What do you cook in it?  What size is it?  Any other pros, cons, thoughts?  I am considering getting one, but don't know much about them.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

urnmor

Re: Air fryer recommendations?
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2017, 12:01:29 PM »

There is a thread on the AF.  I did purchase the Philips XL one recently and really like it. I make chicken and potatoes in it and they are some of the best I have made.  I find the chicken is very very moist, now this can be because i am now dry brining it for 24 hours with salt and pepper or because the AF.  I think it is a combination of both.  The good part about it is it uses very little oil which is good for our hearts.

triplebq

• If you are looking you ain't cooking
Re: Air fryer recommendations?
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2017, 12:12:46 PM »

I tried my first turkey cook with an oil-less fryer. My brother raved about it so much that I tried it. The bird came out excellent. I didn't like the skin as much as I do when I use oil. I did like the skin better than when  I smoke a turkey. The cleanup is way easier and it is a much safer cook. The cook time is longer but when you factor in time to heat and cool the oil it is less overall time.

This is what I used: Char-Broil The Big Easy Oil-Less Turkey Fryer
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up