Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Air Fyers  (Read 3074 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Air Fyers
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 02:08:48 PM »

Bit of mixed reviews here regarding like/dislike.  Will certainly ponder this for awhile before making a decision to buy one.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

smokin soon

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 02:12:31 PM »

Cusinart and Breville both make Countertop Ovens with airfry settings. Both have good reviews. The Breville has a couple of cool features like dehydrate and bread proof settings.

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 07:29:00 PM »

I like that breville air oven or whatever it is called. I have had the smart oven for several years and it has gotten a lot of use. I see Nuwave is also making some sort of air oven.

Big Bear

• Using less gas.
  • "BBQ, the reason Pig was created!"
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 02:01:02 PM »

I bought a GoWise Air Fryer some time back now.  I like Tater Tots and other types foods you would fry in oil. I just don't like messing with all the oil in deep fryers. I find it does a great job on the tots, any breaded product like chicken strips etc. I have cooked fresh chicken thighs, pork chops & frozen hamburger patties. I have even done a grilled cheese sandwich once, It worked but cast iron is better for those. I am a single person so though the fryer isn't big enough to cook a lot of food I can get a single meal done all at once and generally around 15 minute cooking time. I am always experimenting with it to find other things to cook. For the amount of food it can cook it does take up a little real estate in the kitchen, but then I got a microwave too, and I cook less in that. I find it convenient.
Made in USA {2004}Lil Tex #7130 w\ Savannah Stoker v1 controller & retrofitted with SS drip pan, fire pot, HD flame shield & Modified with the Original Downdraft Scoop - 20 years old and Still Smoking!

Quadman750

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • North of the border
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2017, 01:01:56 PM »

I have this one & like it
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2017, 01:15:50 PM »

Quadman, what do you cook in it?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Quadman750

• North of the border
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2017, 01:21:07 PM »

Mostly just chicken wings,

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2017, 02:43:39 PM »

Mostly just chicken wings,

How many can fit in at one time?

Quadman750

• North of the border
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2017, 02:55:53 PM »

I think I put about a dozen full wings in with the tips attached

Chris__M

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • Food Adventure
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2017, 03:45:24 PM »

I think there are so many different opinions, simply because there are so many devices that describe themselves as air-fryers that do the job to varying degrees of good or bad.

I had been looking at them for a while - mainly the Tefal Acti-Fry - but was put off by the small amount they seemed to cook for the large top-space they took up. Also the price, which I'd be happy to pay, but only if I knew I would use it.

So I gave up on the idea, until this year, during Black Friday, where I picked up a Blusmart Power AirFry from Amazon. A brand I hadn't heard of, but the price was right (half of anything I had seen) and the capacity seemed decent (3.2 litres). I looked at the reviews and decided to chance it.

My Air Fryer sits upright, so takes up less top space than many. It certainly isn't rocket science - it is simply a very small fan oven. However, it does do the job brilliantly. I've been cooking chips (fries to you you guys), battered fish (frozen), pies, etc. I even found that a cake tin I had fitted with an inch all round, and successfully cooked chocolate brownies in it.

There is nothing I have cooked in it that I couldn't cook in my oven. But because I am often cooking for one, it makes more sense than heating up the whole oven for just a piece of fish and portion of chips.

And - unlike other folks experiences here - it is quick. The instructions recommend you turn it on empty for 3 minutes  before putting food in it. But once heated up, I can do a piece of fish, fries and onion rings for one (all from frozen) in about 12-14 minutes. I don't think that is unreasonable. The chips are nice and crispy on the outside, while soft inside. The fish is exactly as I would expect it out of an oven - not like traditional deep-fried fish in batter, but quite acceptable as a quick meal grabbed out of the freezer.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 03:58:04 PM by Chris__M »
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2018, 09:25:10 PM »

I bit the bullet on two of these when Amazon had a big sale this summer.  Finally used one for the first time on Sunday.  I think I am going to like it for french fries and pierogies at a minimum.  Going to try frying some peppers and onions for sausages in it too.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up