Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low carb pizza bake thing.  (Read 1142 times)

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
Low carb pizza bake thing.
« on: October 07, 2020, 09:00:12 PM »

I watched a video of a lady making something like this, not sure what all she put in hers, as i could not find it the next day when I went to make it. So I kind of winged it. I know she had more toppings, and the basic things used.

Ground Beef ( I found a pack of ground venison in the freezer, Don't tell the girlfriend)
Sausage  Equal parts or what you choose. Probably had close  pound, used maybe 3/4 of it.
Pizza Sauce
Shredded Pizza Cheese ( I used a bag of Kraft Mozzarella)
Pepperoni
Other Pizza toppings. Onions was all I added.

Brown the beef and sausage and drain. I used the Blackstone griddle, didn't need to drain. I also seasoned the venison, and when it was all done and mixed i added a bit of Italian seasoning.

Put the meat in the pie pan or what you are using, add in some pizza sauce and some of the cheese and mix well. This helps hold the bottom together. Then kind of level out.

I didn't put more sauce on, you may want to. I just topped with the rest of the cheese some onions, pepperoni and then some black pepper.

Into the cooking apparatus of choice. I used the Breville Smart Oven, at 425 it cooked for about 10 minutes. The GF was hungry and kept checking to see if the cheese was browning, so I had her turn the broiler on and about 3 minutes later she was happy with it, I would have given it another 1 or 2.

She was looking at me kind of strange at the beginning, but she really liked it and said if there is any left i want some for lunch tomorrow. Also got the go ahead to make it again, which is great because it is easy.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Low carb pizza bake thing.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 09:27:32 PM »

interesting...i may have to try that
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

lil moose

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: Low carb pizza bake thing.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 09:21:02 AM »

Yep, these are very good except I use Italian sausage instead of GB
Pages: [1]   Go Up