Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by lil moose on 12 Nov 2020
  • Well, CharBroil does not build a pellet grill so I thought I would  ;)

This is a pellet grill, smoker and infrared cooker that cooks/smokes at 225 to 235. Can hit high temps in the high 500's

The name come from the smoker it's made from the Doubel Chef smoker, but now it's a grill, smoker and infrard cooker so "Triple Chef"  just seems right.

With this set up I really can smoke meat from 180 to 265 without doing anything but turning the knob. If I want to go higher I can turn to high and really heat things up. I will be testing the high side next weekend to see how it does as a Big Easy.

Now as a grill I can hit 499 and higher at the grates using Grill Grates TM   and I will be testing with them soon, but for now I wanted to try out the smoking part of this cooker.

So here it is the Triple Chef Smoker! 

Here was my fisrt cook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-FXYs89n88&feature=youtu.be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQwDzaeMzTM&feature=youtu.be

H

• #2 by urnmor on 12 Nov 2020
  • very nice
  • #3 by SmokinHandyman on 12 Nov 2020
  • Nice work. In the last photo are those propane smokers?
  • #4 by Bentley on 12 Nov 2020
  • I like the legs!
  • #5 by lil moose on 12 Nov 2020
  • Nice work. In the last photo are those propane smokers?
    No the two in the middle are CharBroil SRG's infrared cookers (Big brother to the Big easy) the one far left is the charcoal smoker Double Chef Smoker they called it.  Now is and infrared charcoal smoker.   So all 4 are infrared smokers just different fuels

I was a guest chef for CharBroil years ago and have many many cooks/mods for these cookers.    The pellet cooker came along because I love the SRG and Charbroil won't consider a pellet grill so I decided to do it for them  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Not long after I made this pellet grill I was no longer a guest chef so must have rubbed someone the wrong way  :D :D :D
  • #6 by Canadian John on 12 Nov 2020

•  Nice post!  I believe innovation came into play here.
Pages:
Actions